Why become a member? ×

TC Elec BH250 recall thing experience

Jimryan

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1359038732' post='1948850']
How about setting up a temporary thread for amp loans? There are some superb people on here.
If somebody has their TC away for repair, they put up a post on the thread for where they are and when they need an amp to bail them out?
I am sure plenty of us will help a local member if we can.
Cheers,
Karl.
[/quote]

I was thinking along those lines too! I've currently got three amp heads here that I'd gladly loan if anybody's stuck.

[quote name='AnalogBomb' timestamp='1358941627' post='1947295']
I know what people are saying about the manufacturing process and the impossibility of things being right 100% of the time. This to me, doesn't make it right. For companies that invest god knows how much in R&D to release a product, that has to be recalled a few months later, should be covering every angle. I could understand it more if it was a cheap, tacky product, but it's not. It's a reasonable price, but still £235 is a lot of money to me and I'm sure many other people.
[/quote]

In order to 100% guarantee that everything is absolutely perfect they would have to do so much testing that it would cost significantly more than £235.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1359046477' post='1949009']
In order to 100% guarantee that everything is absolutely perfect they would have to do so much testing that it would cost significantly more than £235.
[/quote]

Yep. Engineering is all about figuring out the best combination of a load of conflicting things to best achieve the desired result.

Someone has already mentioned the Boeing Dreamliner, but recalls happen all the time across all manner of products. Here are some current examples: http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/advice-recall-list.cfm

[quote name='V4lve' timestamp='1358870249' post='1946325']
Everything is amazing, believe me.

I found this amp, ordered and paid for it, tracked it's delivery and even configured it once it arrived using my phone. This morning the manufacture (TC) warned me (via my phone) about a defect it had and told me it was under recall (to fix or replace it) and I hadn't even got out of bed yet, I hadn't even asked anyone to tell me. Pretty cool I thought. Within 10 minutes I was able to work out what to do about it (request replacement), and initiate the request (still using my phone) before the supplier had even got to the store themselves (I suspect). Now I await their reply. Just now I watched a bass lesson on my phone and then jammed (using my amp) to tracks on my phone (that I could have also played through my amp from my phone).

10 years ago I would have been astounded at this stuff and I guess I still am a little.
[/quote]

It strikes me as starnge that they're still being called "phones" these days.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1359031676' post='1948673']
Just walked into nevada and handed it back. The guy in there was still trying to push the "send it back yourself so we don't have to provide after market customer care" angle, but he took it. Absolutely no hint on a lead time as Nevada "have lots of orders to deal with" and because apparently TC haven't told them a thing about it.

Hopefully it'll be a quick turn around.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1359648563' post='1958212']
I've still not heard from Nevada and they're now ignoring my emails.
[/quote]

I hope you got a receipt?!

I've got the order confirmation. The receipt was sent to TC. They've already told me a refund isn't happening. I'll be allowed a credit note at best. Which is all of useless as there's nothing in Nevada I want and only got the head from them because they're next to my house.

Hi Jimryan - only just got back from the States end of last week after the NAMM show and I never thought of looking in this section for posts relating to this...

I'm really sorry you've appeared to have had some issues relating to the recall and have had some incorrect info/seemingly some poor service from your dealer. I'll be taking this up with them directly in the morning but, so we can sort you out quickly, I've PM'd you directly to help you get this one resolved expediently.

Cheers

Bruce

[quote name='bruce@tc' timestamp='1360007072' post='1963506']
Hi Jimryan - only just got back from the States end of last week after the NAMM show and I never thought of looking in this section for posts relating to this...

I'm really sorry you've appeared to have had some issues relating to the recall and have had some incorrect info/seemingly some poor service from your dealer. I'll be taking this up with them directly in the morning but, so we can sort you out quickly, I've PM'd you directly to help you get this one resolved expediently.

Cheers

Bruce
[/quote]

Hi Bruce,

I've replied to your PM. In regards to the information you've given me, first and foremost I need to find out where my amp actually is (whether or not Nevada have actually sent it off or not).

Cheers,

James

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Just to follow up on this one.[/color]

[color=#000000]What should have happened here is that a collection is made from each customer to send their amp in for inspection and it is returned promptly once "made safe" if in the unlikely case it is one of the tiny number of affected units. All of this is totally done at our cost.[/color]

[color=#000000]When James took it into his dealer, the amp was sent off to the service centre correctly by Nevada. However it wasn't tagged as a recall our end hence they and us couldn't locate the amp quickly.[/color]

[color=#000000]Really sorry for the confusion and it was totally our fault.[/color]

[color=#000000]As I've said previously it's the first time in the company's history that we've ever had a product recall so there were some teething issues relating to everybody being “on message” in the first 24 hours.[/color]

[color=#000000]Had the amp been brought into the dealer a day later none of this would have happened in this way.[/color]

[color=#000000]Nevada do in our experience have a first class service reputation and have always done a great job for us in the past, so as way of saying sorry for the extended timeframe please get in touch with Roy in the Store when you collect your amp and he'll have something nice waiting for you :)[/color][/font][/size]

Edited by bruce@tc

[quote name='bruce@tc' timestamp='1360256398' post='1967559']
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Just to follow up on this one.[/color]

[color=#000000]What should have happened here is that a collection is made from each customer to send their amp in for inspection and it is returned promptly once "made safe" if in the unlikely case it is one of the tiny number of affected units. All of this is totally done at our cost.[/color]

[color=#000000]When James took it into his dealer, the amp was sent off to the service centre correctly by Nevada. However it wasn't tagged as a recall our end hence they and us couldn't locate the amp quickly.[/color]

[color=#000000]Really sorry for the confusion and it was totally our fault.[/color]

[color=#000000]As I've said previously it's the first time in the company's history that we've ever had a product recall so there were some teething issues relating to everybody being “on message” in the first 24 hours.[/color]

[color=#000000]Had the amp been brought into the dealer a day later none of this would have happened in this way.[/color]

[color=#000000]Nevada do in our experience have a first class service reputation and have always done a great job for us in the past, so as way of saying sorry for the extended timeframe please get in touch with Roy in the Store when you collect your amp and he'll have something nice waiting for you :)[/color][/font][/size]
[/quote]

Not Amanda Righetti is it :gas:

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]..............[/color][color=#000000] he'll have [b]something nice[/b] waiting for you :)[/color][/font][/size]
[/quote]

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1360257584' post='1967602']Not Amanda Righetti is it :gas:[/quote]

No ............. but something nearly as good..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paajk_u9Wtg

Edited by Big_Stu

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Nevada do in our experience have a first class service reputation and have always done a great job for us in the past, so as way of saying sorry for the extended timeframe please get in touch with Roy in the Store when you collect your amp and he'll have something nice waiting for you :)[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Excellent service, hats off :hi: