Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1376643378' post='2177167']
That's what happens when you agree to meet strange men off the Internet at motorway services.
[/quote]

And my wife takes the photos. Sordid. We're just lucky the News of the World is no more.
But, on the other hand - they say there's no such thing as bad publicity.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1376672663' post='2177865']

And my wife takes the photos. Sordid. We're just lucky the News of the World is no more.
But, on the other hand - they say there's no such thing as bad publicity.
[/quote]

I can just imagine the story.

Strange men meet in service station parking lot to handle purple headed, large shafted item in a G string.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1376648273' post='2177251']

What are you thinking?
[/quote]

It was just a 'top of the head' idea. If a well-known and respected luther or techy gave the bass a once-over it could be a bit more good publicity. That was all.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1376672879' post='2177871']
It was just a 'top of the head' idea. If a well-known and respected luther or techy gave the bass a once-over it could be a bit more good publicity. That was all.
[/quote]

Maybe if it was sent to some local guitar workshop to be spruced up?

Interesting idea guys , but if you cast your attention between gigs 6 and 7 the baton had a bit of TLC by manchesterguitartech.co.uk I am not sure how often your own guitars get checked out but the baton just needs playing IMO .
BCers doing their thing , pick it up and pass it on , high profile is great but , lets just keep picking it up, playing it and passing it on .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1376674926' post='2177927']
Interesting idea guys , but if you cast your attention between gigs 6 and 7 the baton had a bit of TLC by manchesterguitartech.co.uk I am not sure how often your own guitars get checked out but the baton just needs playing IMO .
BCers doing their thing , pick it up and pass it on , high profile is great but , lets just keep picking it up, playing it and passing it on .
[/quote]

Correct on all counts. :)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1376674926' post='2177927']
[/quote]

...agreed ! ( still, a few more frets above 12th would open up the instrument for solos in the upper register ...but not a big thing in the overall scheme of things!).

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1376755414' post='2178761']
I'm giving the purple one an outing tonight :blush:

[url="http://www.lemonrock.com/gig.php?id=277466"]http://www.lemonrock...g.php?id=277466[/url]

will let you know in the morning how it went.
[/quote]

be great to see any photos that you may have !

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1376947905' post='2181502']
There's a mention of the bass relay in the new edition of Guitarist magazine, out today.
[/quote]

Their Twitter feed suggests it's actually not out yet:

[quote][url="https://twitter.com/Guitarist_Mag"][b]Guitarist Magazine[/b] ‏[s]@[/s][b]Guitarist_Mag[/b] [/url] [url="https://twitter.com/Guitarist_Mag/status/368314071780560896"]16 Aug[/url]
Guitarist 372 hits the shelves in print and digital forms on 23 August.
[/quote]

Which would explain why I didn't spot any relay-related article while I was browsing music mags in WHSmith this afternoon... :)

Pete, I assume you have some sort of insider knowledge?

I'd just like to say to all involved that I have been following this from day one and what you have achieved so far is outstanding. I have lost 2 best mates and my Dad to cancer in the last year or two and you all have my total respect. Off to just giving now to make a donation. Basschat Rocks.