Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1376390124' post='2173100']
Also, don't forget that Lars Mullen is also working to make sure that the bass is played by Guy Pratt and Dave Swift some time in the next few weeks somewhere in London - let's keep that in mind too.
[/quote]

Yep, big thanks to Lars too. Ok, I'm going to need the bass on the 24th

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1376391800' post='2173140']
LOL @ Peter! Yes, let's not forget that, while the stars do bring in glamour and recognition and good publicity, there are many not so well known bassists who have taken part in the relay and are no less talented or less deserving of praise than those who've hit the big time.
[/quote]

You're right Silvia, it's the 'little people' who've achieved the money collected so far.
I just hope the 'celebrity' involvement translates into cash.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1376393284' post='2173169']
You're right Silvia, it's the 'little people' who've achieved the money collected so far.
I just hope the 'celebrity' involvement translates into cash.
[/quote]

It'd be fantastic if it does.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1376395215' post='2173229']
I would love all this to work out in such a way that James can make not just his meetup with Mark King and Andrew Levy (obviously), but also the one with Dave Swift and Guy Pratt in London. At the latter, you bet I'll be taking my usual billion photos and GBs of footage! :D
[/quote]

Ha! :D Great! And yes, James, you should definitely try to get to all of the meet ups! :)

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1376395745' post='2173240']
This is all sounding really good! Remember, guys, we're only 6 months into this thing!
[/quote]

Indeed! But after the celebrity involvement, hopefully we can get a lot more publicity!

Silvia, the offer is still there for me to try and get some contacts for the press for you, if you want?

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1376396399' post='2173257']
Good news. Must get over to the Just Giving page

If it's back on the South Coast this w/e or next & free I have a couple of local gigs coming up, otherwise that's me for the year :(
[/quote]

Hopefully we can fit you in, although it's pretty busy the next couple of weeks, from what I can tell. PM James or Silvia, they know a lot more about what's going on at this point.

Milton, thanks. As for the relay's schedule, I know as much as you guys and no more, because Lars is still negotiating with Guy and Dave. I have emailed Lars letting him know of James' meeting on Aug 24th, but for the moment I have no reply. I will obviously let you all know as soon as something moves.

As for the press contacts, I would still wait. It will/would look better if we could have a newly re-written press release including names and photos of the stars with James, as opposed to jumping the gun and getting in touch now.

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1376401041' post='2173350']
I reckon it's be great if Walman,or anyone else , in fact could gig with it sooner than later and keep the momentum going.where is the Purple One just now?
[/quote]

It's in London ATM. That's why there's so much going on with it :D

I've just spoken to Lars, and he's fine with the bass being with James on 24th, and he'll let us know about Dave and Guy when he's been able to talk to both of them (Guy being in Australia at the moment).
We were also talking about writing another press release while all this is happening or just afterwards - we both had the same idea at the same time :D

So for the moment, we rock on as planned! \m/ :) \m/

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1376409255' post='2173536']
I've just spoken to Lars, and he's fine with the bass being with James on 24th, and he'll let us know about Dave and Guy when he's been able to talk to both of them (Guy being in Australia at the moment).
We were also talking about writing another press release while all this is happening or just afterwards - we both had the same idea at the same time :D

So for the moment, we rock on as planned! \m/ :) \m/
[/quote] If its with Jim and free on the evening of the 24th I am gigging in Southampton that night