Why become a member? ×

Bass relay - Now with start date

Jimryan

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358197859' post='1934794']
Way ahead of you buddy. Already compiled a list and constantly adding to it.

At the moment it's only name, screen name and location. Just before it kicks off I'll be adding handover details and contact numbers. Once this preliminary list is completed, it will be sent to every member that has "officially" signed up.

*whilst touching nose with one hand and pointing at you with the other*
"You knows it"
[/quote]

You guys!

I tell you to keep it quiet at the weekend because I was going to be busy, and when I come back... two hours just trying to catch up!!! :lol:

Found the sign up thread, and signed up. :)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1358201763' post='1934911']
You guys!

I tell you to keep it quiet at the weekend because I was going to be busy, and when I come back... two hours just trying to catch up!!! :lol:

Found the sign up thread, and signed up. :)
[/quote]

Haha, sorry. Na, I'm really not.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1358031152' post='1932226']
Just a bit of fun to see how big I can get a map :D
Ok that might work , it would need a list to follow with detail of the participants but there should be enough space to put some numbers/letters to index to the list on a route . I would need to update the picture as and when , and please excuse the iffy example above but it might work as long as the entire BC community doesnt join in, but if they do, it could be done region by region
[/quote]

I'm a bit late to this one ,but map needs some amendment - Scotland isn't independant -yet :ph34r: . just had a read through this and see that there is some Scottish interest. I'm in but we don't have any gigs confirmed right at the moment. there's a posiibbility of us playing in "the" pub right in the middle of Glencoe , not sure for certain, but that would be a pretty spectacular location - I'd try not to massacre it - me being a Campbell 'n'all.... :secret:

You're all flippin' MAD!!!!

I'm in.

Just thinking though, this could end up being an administrative nightmare to organise/keeps tabs on. Why not let it take its own course. What i'm thinking is that BC Member A has the bass - uses it on a gig/rehersal whatever, has photos taken then uploads them to the thread. It is then up to him to contact someone local and pass it on. BC member B then takes the responsibility of where it goes next. Be interesting to see where it ends up.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1358412294' post='1938552']
You're all flippin' MAD!!!!

I'm in.

Just thinking though, this could end up being an administrative nightmare to organise/keeps tabs on. Why not let it take its own course. What i'm thinking is that BC Member A has the bass - uses it on a gig/rehersal whatever, has photos taken then uploads them to the thread. It is then up to him to contact someone local and pass it on. BC member B then takes the responsibility of where it goes next. Be interesting to see where it ends up.
[/quote]

That's pretty much the idea matey. The contacts and rough route planning are there to ease it along, but the obscurity of where it goes next is a big appeal to me. As long as it makes it back in one piece so it can be auctioned.

Don't forgot to head other to the participants thread to sign up.

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1358421329' post='1938729']
This could take years! Perhaps we could send a scrapbook with the bass and everyone can sign themselves into the book with their name, BC username and details of their public appearance with the bass? Include date, venue, band, genre maybe?
[/quote]

Great minds eh, already thought of that :-p

Morning all.

As per the poll, the bass shall be named...the BC Baton.

Even more exciting news, my band has been booked on the 16th of Feb. We have a start date of the 16th of February. So if any BCer's are free on the 16th of Feb, myself and the BC Baton will be playing the Jolly Sailor in Portsmouth. We'll be playing a delightful set of funk and soul covers.

See you there

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358589926' post='1941706']
Morning all.

As per the poll, the bass shall be named...the BC Baton.

Even more exciting news, my band has been booked on the 16th of Feb. We have a start date of the 16th of February. So if any BCer's are free on the 16th of Feb, myself and the BC Baton will be playing the Jolly Sailor in Portsmouth. We'll be playing a delightful set of funk and soul covers.

See you there
[/quote]

Exciting!!

A bit far for me (Edinburgh), but I hope it gets the bass travelling :D