Why become a member? ×

Bass relay - Now with start date

Jimryan

Make sure you get good contact details of whoever has the bass next. We did this on another forum only with a shirt. Everyone had to wear the shirt at a gig and put something in a memory box that travelled with the shirt. The contents of the box were kept secret and there was some interesting stuff in it.

The shirt and the box are now with a bass player who hasn't answered any correspondence and hasn't passed it on...

I'll see if I can find the website.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1358045471' post='1932381']
Jimryan, you should get some sort of award for this if it works mate :D I reckon it would make a good story for your local newspaper or radio station or something too. Whatever, it should definitely go on the BC blog, or maybe set up a BC Facebook site for it.

It's a f***ing brilliant idea man!
[/quote]

Cheers dude :-)

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1358045762' post='1932382']
On the off-chance this gets held up somewhere, as we won't all be gigging every night, we should probably include filmed rehearsals or other clips - just get some evidence of it being played, eh?
[/quote]

I agree, though gigs will be preferred, filmed rehearsals will move it around a bit quicker.

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1358062563' post='1932412']
Great idea - strikes me as a great opportunity to perhaps raise some money for charity too. Could this be sponsored in any way or perhaps a competition 'guess the mileage', or even a world record - with the bass being auctioned at the end. It would be fantastic if some celeb players could be persuaded to play this for one song and sign it too. Mark King always strikes me as a very decent guy for example and if he came in, who else does he know? Just a thought.
[/quote]

I suppose you're right there. Wouldn't have a clue about how to sort out a sponsorship thing for it though. Guess the mileage? I wouldn't know where to start with a guess for that. I'm down with the world record idea though, what would the category be?

Celeb players would be truly awesome, if anyone knows or sees any, the photo won't need to be a gig, and it won't be down to the celeb to pass it on, the current BCer would just need a pass over like photo and one of the celeb playing. It would still remain with the BCer though.

Charity's a great idea, failing that, proceeds towards the site (...and a BC polo shirt as I've yet to get one :-p)

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1358069741' post='1932462']

The shirt and the box are now with a bass player who hasn't answered any correspondence and hasn't passed it on...

[/quote]

Well apparently The shirt lives : http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1917323/1

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1358069741' post='1932462']
Make sure you get good contact details of whoever has the bass next. We did this on another forum only with a shirt. Everyone had to wear the shirt at a gig and put something in a memory box that travelled with the shirt. The contents of the box were kept secret and there was some interesting stuff in it.

[/quote]

Cool, any other organisational tips or info to share tim as I'd be very appreciative.

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1358069997' post='1932466']
I've got a hard case that you're welcome to use if this baby has got a lot of traveling to do...
[/quote]

IF it has a lot of travelling, it's starting to look that way. Hard case would be cool, as we could all sign the outside of something, but I reckon a gigbag would probably do it.

Also photo of a couple more cool photo opportunity "awards" highest and lowest passovers, most northern member, most southern member, most long distance hand over (eg, say I travel to London one day, just for a day out, and a member from the highlands, is also in London that day, the distance is counted from members homes).

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1358070545' post='1932475']
Great idea - if it gets to the North Thames Delta count me in. I have a Kent Armstrong pup lurking in my bits shoebox you can have, if you still need a P pup.
[/quote]

Hi Paul,

Still sorting PU's so would be appreciated.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1358071165' post='1932490']
I'll sort out a mock up of a wee set of rules later this afternoon and post them.

Also,

Can I at least choose the charity please?
[/quote]
I was going to suggest that as there will be too many suggestions, if anyone has a problem they can go and think of their own awesome idea :D

Might be worth making a map of where people interested in the folly are, so that people can work out who is near? (As well as a map of where it goes?)
Just like a google map with a bc usern ame and a city?/town/etc

Edited by gapiro