Why become a member? ×

wal custom mk1 fretless bass for sale. SOLD.

customstocker

hi, with regret , selling my wal custom 4 string bass circa 1987 ( waller & stevens era ) with wenge facingsover a mahogany core & lovely straight neck , electronics, body , mechanics .....everything works great with no issues . please note that the previous owner had the neck changed on this bass by wal to a fretless ,info in electronics cavity shows that the original neck had a rosewood fingerboard . the neck has a lovely ebony fingerboard with side dot markers, including the all important 1st fret position . this makes playing a doddle for those of us scared by a fingerboard that is devoid of all face markings. set up with ernie ball flatwound strings , after alot of deliberation i have decided to keep my more simple wal pro 1e with a single pickup . ive got too many projects here & not enough space , hence the sale . for images please click on ....................

[url="http://photobucket.com/walcustombass"]http://photobucket.com/walcustombass[/url]

im looking for £2400 for this bass, for this price i will include the hiscox liteflite case in the pictures . postage is possible . please contact me for details , thanks .

Lovely bit of kit...glad I've got over my Wal Gas (fortunately for me it's fretless which makes it easier to resist)..this won't be here for too long..especially at this price...

Just out of curiosity is this advertised on the Walnaturally forum too??

The dream fretless for me, for sure. Can't stop looking at it. It's just out of my league financially. :mellow:

I like the 1st fret position marker too, lovely touch.

Somebody from the financial premier league will be along to take it soon, I have no doubt

A really lovely Wal at a sensible price. It's actually very similar to mine and wenge facings on fretless is very rare - mainly I think 'cause Pete S preferred the warmer tone of walnut facings on a fretless. I'd bet there's fewer than ten in the World like that.

P

This is lovely and very similar to the one I let go for £200 back in 1989.

I still wake up in the middle of the night sweating and screaming because of that.

Anyway, that was then and this is now and that's a beautiful instrument and a very reasonable price.

Good luck with the sale and have a bump.

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1357735926' post='1927421']
If I could tell the future I'd be a much wealthier man. :D
[/quote]

I thought Wal basses already did cost a lot money back in those days (early 90's). So that's why I don't understand the 200 or 300 pounds.