Why become a member? ×

MESA ROAD READY POWERHOUSE 1000 BASS CAB (4ohm)

as the description says im now quite into the idea of trading this for an amp and smaller cab set up (1x15,4x10, any 12's etc) or even a head and a bass? a bass and a cab? a good combo and erm..................a bass? lol

just hit me with your offers i'll consider them all (now i know im gonna get some silly ones lol:) )

Hi

:)

ive owned this wonderful cab for roughly 3 years now, i bought it new so its only had the one careful owner!

it really is one hell of a monster! :huh: the only reason im sellin this is that since my band practice space got broken into at christmas (and nearly everything got nicked) the band never went back and this has since been sat doing nothing at my dads work, how kind of him to store it for me :huh:

i dont have anywhere to put it now and its just way too big for me to use so it really needs a new home! plus i have just ordered a aguilar DB 4x10 in chocolate thunder!! YES!! :huh: haha!

its been gigged about 6-8 times and is in pretty dam good nick! its bloody bomb proof.......its only picked up a few scuffs and scrapes here and there on the aluminum edges, which does mark pretty easily to be fair!

i dont think you'll find a tougher cab around! plus it has the detachable front cover so all the speakers are protected!

right on to price.....i paid £2000 for this and im sure they aren't any cheaper now! i'd like £1000 or nearest offer or i may be interested in a trade for a nice bass.........something like lakland, sadowsky metro, gb spitfire, maybe a fender with a bit of age! etc ,........no stingrays/sterlings/bongos please! :huh:

i may even consider a bass plus cash if its something thats not of the same value :huh:

oh and i think i have a pic somewhere and i'll try and get it up on here asap! :)

for tech spec and a review of this awesome cab please see the links below...

so let me know if you are interested

im happy to take calls or texts on 07974 317 284

cheers

here's a review :)

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Reviews/BigBlock-BP-05/PH1000-05.htm"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Reviews/BigBlock...5/PH1000-05.htm[/url]

and here's some mesa website blurb

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/RoadReadyCABS/RRbass1000-LG.htm"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bas...bass1000-LG.htm[/url]

Performance Features:

1000 Watts
8 or 4 Ohms
1x15 & 4x10 Custom Mesa PowerHouse Speakers
Custom Mesa Neodymium High Frequency Horn
Exclusive Tuned Front Ported “Tri-Port” Design
Player Control Network™ featuring: Selectable 3-point Crossover (3k/4k/5k), Premium Horn Attenuator, Instant Reset Horn Protection, Speakon & ¼” Inputs AND Outputs
Finish & Construction:

Our Premier Bass Cabinet whose Cabinet is a Road Case!
High Impact “Flight-Case” Black Laminate Covering
Aluminum Edges
AA Marine Grade Baltic Birch Cabinet w/Aviation Style Bracing
Choice of Silver(Standard) or Black Metal Grille
Tilt & Roll™ Transport System w/Rear Glide Rails
Recessed Metal Handles
Steel Corners
Removable Front Covers

Edited by CHRISDABASS

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='204376' date='May 22 2008, 04:02 PM']Don't suppose you bought this off a bloke called Simon Watson did you, formerly of Nailed? Can't be that many of these floating around West Yorkshire![/quote]

nah i bought mine new from academy of sound

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='204392' date='May 22 2008, 04:28 PM']nah i bought mine new from academy of sound

:)[/quote]

I have a USA Jazz (2004) - Great sounding, plus some cash maybe?

[quote name='Rasta' post='205734' date='May 24 2008, 10:16 PM']I have a USA Jazz (2004) - Great sounding, plus some cash maybe?[/quote]

hi thanks for the offer

how much cash are we talkin here? i can (and already have) picked up USA jazz basses for around £500

:huh:

[quote name='mike257' post='209378' date='May 30 2008, 09:17 AM']Haha, since you're trying to downsize it, I suppose there's no point me offering up my Ampeg cabs then?[/quote]

hhahaah

just out of interest what are they mate?

i currently have a deal on the table.....but ive just gotta sort out transport issues........

anyone fancy driving to devon?? lol

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='209458' date='May 30 2008, 10:37 AM']hhahaah

just out of interest what are they mate?[/quote]

alright mate, sorry for the slow reply, I've been in Mexico!!! They're the classic series, SVT410HE and SVT15E, so if you need a compact rig, you could always leave one cab at home :)

They're in perfect working order, although there is some in-the-van out-the-van wear and tear, has resulted in some damage to the covering. I've had them from new in January 2006. Don't know if it's what you're after, but if it tickles your fancy then let me know!!

Mike