Why become a member? ×

Replacement pickguard colour advice

ead

The bass in question has a butterscotch blonde body. What pickguard colour would you have as a replacement? I've allowed for multiple choices (so I can vote for several combinations obviously :) )

Thanks for your help
Mr Indecisive

p.s. The Management reserve the right to completely ignore all advice and purchase something really silly.

I pickguard is almost unique in it's ability to hugely alter the appearance of your instrument without damaging it in any way - and it's 100% reverseable.

So.........

why not choose a pickguard that has the effect of William B Punter waking the morning after the gig actually remembering you. Maybe not by name - cartainly not by performance (because , sadly , the aforementioned william is as thick as a canteen cup when it comes to music appreciation) - but by being remembered as 'that fat twat with a massive nob drawn on his banjo thingy'.

It may not be perfect (and it being a nob design is not compulsory , though it is a bloody good idea) - but it is a start.

I believe a certain W Punkdude esq. of this parish uses checked pickguards for these reasons. I'm a silly flowery one with dice knobs man myself.

Remember - a visit to Mr Subtle is your ticket to obscurity !!

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1353601504' post='1876475']
Sorry chaps but you're all wrong. Has to be tort.

Edit: on second thoughts, I was wrong and you are right: Black.
[/quote]

Edit: on third thoughts, you were right the first time, but it depends on the exact colour of the butterscotch. The Squier CV '50s P in butterscotch blond, for example, does great with an all black pg indeed, but a picture search for butterscotch blonds with tort pg's shows some delicately coloured basses as well.

So, Mr. Undecisive, your problem is hereby solved: black or tort!

Anytime. Great to be of help.

best,
bert