Why become a member? ×

Got a Chance to Order a Custom Made Sandberg-Should I?

Rothers

My good lady is looking to buy me a nice pressie for a significant birthday coming up soon. Been looking around. Found a nice 1978 Ric, but it was out of my price range.

However - A good friend of mine has offered me the chance to have a custom Sandberg made at a significantly discounted price.

Has anyone got any experience of Sandberg's? Anyone got experience of their custom service?

[i]I wanted to attach an image, but the uploader won't let me for some reason....[/i]

Edited by Rothers

I have a jpeg of it, but the uploader won't accept the file for some reason.

If you go to [url="http://www.configurator.sandberg-guitars.de/"]http://www.configurator.sandberg-guitars.de/[/url] and paste this configuration number into the box you should see what I see; 15.2.14.0.0.1.3.1.5.1.2.1.0

Proud owner of a California JM-4 (now called a VM-4 I think) and its stunningly good. Came to me second hand so can't vouch for the custom service but the build and component quality are tremendous. It's very versatile and whilst there's a specific tone my Stingray gives that I'll always grab for certain gigs, for virtually every gig the Sandberg is the first bass I reach for.

Short version: Do it. It's a bass for life.

• 6 months later...