Why become a member? ×

ACG 9 STRING

7string

Shouldn't that be gr9 ?? Now we have to get these names right :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='283162' date='Sep 13 2008, 02:00 PM']I went for the flat fingerboard and asymetric profile. It's very comfortable to play and sounds good everywhere on the board.
Mine is the ACG Red Setter and yours is the Cheeky Pup. :huh:[/quote]

So Steve-Soar has "The Red Setter", yours is "The Cheeky Pup" and I'm [b][u][i]still[/i][/u][/b] waiting for my wife to come up with a name for the 9. :huh:

Edited by 7string

[quote name='charic' post='292735' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:58 PM']Ah damn im gettin mixed up, yours can be the:

Mastiff :)[/quote]

Well we do have a Rottweiller already. My wife is really good with names though. We have a labrador called Bonnie, (as Bonnie is bonnie), a collie-cross called 'Satay' (as the favourite takeaway at the time was Malaysian satay chicken) and Rotty called 'Luna' (as we wanted a name which was passive rather than aggressive).

Not all my basses have names though. My double bass which was sold to finance the 9 was called 'Delilah' and my Sei 7 is called 'Jezebel'. I'll keep you posted on the christening of the 9.

[quote name='fekalizatorius' post='292943' date='Sep 26 2008, 06:05 PM']Really love the progress... This should be one hell of a bass. Wouldn`t mind getting one of those. By the way, sorry for the n00bish question, but what`s the final tuning gonna be?[/quote]

[quote name='Finbar' post='293121' date='Sep 26 2008, 09:57 PM']I'm gonna take a punt at F#BEADGCFBb?[/quote]

Yup, that right [b]Finbar[/b], the tuning will be F# B E A D G C F Bb.

[b]Fekalizatorius[/b] - Even at this stage the bass is looking really great and I'm really chuffed with it. Have a look at [url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk"]www.acguitars.co.uk[/url] for all the lowdown on AC Guitars. I'm sure Alan will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the 9 or anything ACG.

Edited by 7string

[quote name='7string' post='293241' date='Sep 27 2008, 01:19 AM']Well we do have a Rottweiller already. My wife is really good with names though. We have a labrador called Bonnie, (as Bonnie is bonnie), a collie-cross called 'Satay' (as the favourite takeaway at the time was Malaysian satay chicken) and Rotty called 'Luna' (as we wanted a name which was passive rather than aggressive).

Not all my basses have names though. My double bass which was sold to finance the 9 was called 'Delilah' and my Sei 7 is called 'Jezebel'. I'll keep you posted on the christening of the 9.

Yup, that right [b]Finbar[/b], the tuning will be F# B E A D G C F Bb.

[b]Fekalizatorius[/b] - Even at this stage the bass is looking really great and I'm really chuffed with it. Have a look at [url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk"]www.acguitars.co.uk[/url] for all the lowdown on AC Guitars. I'm sure Alan will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the 9 or anything ACG.[/quote]I think you should call it the "Brindle Bass" because of the pattern of the top.

• 3 weeks later...

New progress pics :)

A new router base had to be fabricated as the neck pocket was so wide.

The neck and body are now brought together and the set neck is glued and clamped. It's great to see just how well that spalted fingerboard goes with the mahogony top.

I can't wait to see what it looks like when the clamps come off :huh:

Edited by 7string

Looking good mate!
I saw this bass in it's component parts last Saturday.
It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous bass, the wood combination is amazing!

You going to be changing your name from [b]7string[/b] to [b]9string[/b]?

Cool.

I remember I went to see Alan as he was kind enough to invite me down to have a look at the workshop. This was months before I placed an order, by the way. There were some amazing fingerboards which looked like landscape paintings. Just amazing to look at.