Why become a member? ×

ACG 9 STRING

7string

[quote name='Merton' post='394929' date='Jan 29 2009, 08:54 PM']What a lovely ironing board :P :angry:

Gorgeous. About 4 too many strings for my brain but you cannot deny the beauty and elegance of that ;)[/quote]

If it was fretless, you could probably do a shirt sleeve :P

If you play bass, you can play an ERB. No special skills are necessary. The strings are still in fourths so all the patterns you know already still apply in whatever octave you want to play.

I'm not the greatest bass player in world and I wouldn't last long in the Saturday afternoon music store slap-a-thon, but I enjoy playing ERB's. Whatever I want to play it's there all laid out in front of me. 6 strings and up may look confusing, but when you get playing it's not that bad. I do some teaching and I always encourage players to have a go on the Sei 7 that I have. After playing it for a minute the answer's always "well that's not too bad".

[b][i]When I went to ACG HQ to collect the bass yesterday, one of the first things I played was the bassline to "My Girl" by The Temptations[/i].[/b]

That now totally explodes the myth that 9 strings are only good for tapping out tunes to video games or meaningless high-speed solo stuff. :) :huh:

[quote name='alexclaber' post='395378' date='Jan 30 2009, 01:35 PM']Badass! I really want to try it - the most I've tried so far was the Doodly 7. Love the back view of it.

Now all you need is a cab that can do justice to that kind of range! (Hint, hint...) :P

Alex[/quote]

I'm going along to the Bass Bash on 15th February, so you're more than welcome to try both the ACG 9 and my Sei 7.

Unfortunately, I'm limited to recording only but, who knows, one day I might be in the amp and speaker market again ;)

[quote name='barry44' post='395472' date='Jan 30 2009, 03:22 PM']damn mark, she's a beaut!![/quote]

It's big bass, but it's very cool. You're more than welcome to pop over and try it.

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='395964' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:36 AM']Simply stunning instrument - Alan has outdone himself again, I love the fretboard. If only God had given me more fingers....[/quote]

The acrylicised fingerboards are stunning. The first one I saw looked like a landscape painting with mountains in the distance. There's some of the available fretboards in the ACG part of Basschat in the Affiliates section. Amazing stuff.

[quote name='ashevans09' post='396004' date='Jan 31 2009, 10:42 AM']That looks like an absolute beast ;) , nice one[/quote]

Thanks. It's not that bad to play, just bigger.

[quote name='Spoombung' post='396005' date='Jan 31 2009, 10:44 AM']Where's the 'bass bash', then...?[/quote]

15th February in Harrogate. There's a thread in the General section.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='7string' post='395814' date='Jan 30 2009, 10:31 PM']My wife caught me unawares earlier. Please excuse the mixture of sweat and mess ;)

[/quote]

"Daddy and Baby doing well" ;o)

Very nice indeed! Can't wait to see Minnie doing her cool thang!

• 3 months later...