Why become a member? ×

Tiny Mooer effects - discount code

Ancient Mariner

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1353236990' post='1872767']
What was the problem ? (I can guess, but .... )
[/quote]

Lack of control over the voices on harmony mode (Pure Octave on the way already!), and I just plain don't like the tone of the pitch-shift mode. In all fairness, I'm not a regular user of pitch-shifters, so it could sound just the same as the rest of them and I just happen to not like that sound. The best thing about this pedal to me was the Detune mode, but I already have a chorus that does a far better job of this so, even with the smaller footprint, I just have no need for this.

All in all, there was nothing [i]wrong [/i]with it per se, but it's not the right pedal for me. I had hoped it would do a job for me in the effects loop of my Meatball clone for some interesting mentalness, but alas no :(

I think that they are good for what they are, but that may not always be exactly what we expect. Demos almost always sound good, but it's very hard to hear what the pedal will do for us when someone else is doing the playing and tweaking through a completely different rig (and who knows about post-recording processing).

I was very tempted by the pitch box too, but not sure I liked the voicing, especially more than a few semitones away from standard pitch. Detune would be nice to have for those 'silly' moments when someone wants to pitch a song flat or sharp and you need to play things that rely on combinations of open and fretted strings. Outside of that, I'm not too sure.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1353540485' post='1875974']
Likewise. Fuming. Disgusting customer service!
[/quote]
[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1353489856' post='1875054']
Looks like I'm not getting mine now :-( a week after ordering I'm told its not in stock :-(
[/quote]

You guys both ordered one of the 'new' pedals right ? I have a suspicion (and I could be wrong 'cos I'm not going to search every forum to prove it) that in a lot of cases they were advertised when no stock was actually available. Marcmart suddenly withdrew the whole bunch of new pedals one day. I know some of the new pedals have been delivered, but an awful lot of people are getting emails saying 'wait till December 15th'. I think they were never actually available.

I've sent them a reply airing what I feel is the case. Advertising stock they don't have is bad bad form, especially when they are taking money and replying a week later.

I'm awaiting a response before I decide what to do next.

With reference to the order for the EQ:

[quote]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Dear Dan:[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] I am sorry for this unhappy condition that we bring to you......[snip][/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]We usually test all the products before we ship them to you in order to make sure the products in good condition.But this kind of pedal has some problem with noise.And they may be broken when they were on the way from our factory.We can not send the pedal which has problem to you and we have done our utmost to call our factory to produce more,but it takes time.It is out of our control....[snip] .We hope you can understand us.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Best regards[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Marcmart[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][/quote][/size][/font]

Dood - that's a lot more than what I got. All I got was:

Dear James:
Thank you for making order in Marcmart.com .But we are so sorry that the MOOER Graphic B Smallest Bass Equalizer Effect Pedal you purchase is out of stock .And we have done our utmost to get them.But they can not be in stock until 15th Dec. So do you want to exchange another pedal or get a refund?Waiting for your reply and your understanding is really appreciated.

Best regards
Marcmart

I opted for the refund and they've gone quiet again.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1353603254' post='1876512']
Dood - that's a lot more than what I got. All I got was:

Dear James:
Thank you for making order in Marcmart.com .But we are so sorry that the MOOER Graphic B Smallest Bass Equalizer Effect Pedal you purchase is out of stock .And we have done our utmost to get them.But they can not be in stock until 15th Dec. So do you want to exchange another pedal or get a refund?Waiting for your reply and your understanding is really appreciated.

Best regards
Marcmart

I opted for the refund and they've gone quiet again.
[/quote]

Actually the same message I received first, then I complained about them taking my order and money when they must have already known they were out of stock.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mooer-Pure-Octave-Pitch-Shifter-Harmonizer-Pedal-brand-new-stock-UK-/190758820898?_trksid=p5197.m1997&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16%26meid%3D3666830464031954027%26pid%3D100016%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D281024747417%26"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mooer-Pure-Octave-Pitch-Shifter-Harmonizer-Pedal-brand-new-stock-UK-/190758820898?_trksid=p5197.m1997&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16%26meid%3D3666830464031954027%26pid%3D100016%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D281024747417%26[/url]

Just come across that. Apologies if it's the wrong forum for this, but I thought it relevant given the trouble people have discussed on this thread!