Why become a member? ×

Tiny Mooer effects - discount code

Ancient Mariner

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1358696253' post='1943484']
I tried out the black distortion pedal the other day. Quite nice, but did remove a fair chunk of low frequencies, plus adding a lot of mids as well. Ideal for guitar solos, but not so much as a bass drive - which I`m sure it wasn`t made for anyway.
[/quote]

Which one was that ? The Black Secret ?

Anyone else seen this ?

[url="http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/news_show.asp?MsgID=48"]Mooer Urgent Announcement 14th March[/url]

If I'm reading that right, they're claiming that Mooers sold through W'T'F and Marcmart were fakes (okay, 'not genuine', that's close to 'fake' isn't it ?)

I've got to say I find that scarcely credible. Would anybody go to the bother of make a fake copy of something that's already a copy of something else ?

I suppose it's possible that there's a factory that supplies mooer that's also supplied other outlets (W'T'F, Marcmart) direct, but it's a stretch to call those products 'not genuine' (to my mind) if that is what's happened.

Edited by BigBeatNut

oh great! Well, they work and I am happy with them. I guess thats my lot and there is little I can/want to do about it.

I have taken a look at the photos on the official UK distributors website and they fairly identical to me, bar a screw hole in the white knobs and the mooer logo is slightly bolder.

This doesn't say anything though as parts easily change over time.

The insides of mine look fairly good quality, though that says very little these days.

The only way to decide is to compare like for like with a known genuine pedal, especially from the inside and audibly.

Edited by jaydentaku

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1364418057' post='2026317']
I'm sure all the mooer units were genuine.
[/quote]
I'm sure they are, too Genuine in the sense that they came from exactly the same source as every other Mooer pedal. Call me cynical, but the announcement looks to me like a bunch of fibbing and scaremongering in order to try and keep us away from the cut-price outlets.