Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision bass.. help if is fake or not 1976 or 1962

helikacarvalho

two people on here messaged him to tell him it was fake, i saw the advert early doors, he sent me pics and said it was genuine and i said i thought it was fake guess what no reply this bloke knew it was fake someone has gone to the trouble of changing string tree and backplate to sell it as a fake

this bloke text me back saying the person has bought it back and its been stripped ie he has seen this thread and its now not in the condition he sold it and if it had of been he would gladly refund?then he said the poor buyer said they had an email from fender which they couldnt show him, why he needs that i dont know! its not a fender and you dont need fender to tell you that!
and then he said Taking abuse and damage is not acceptable amen to that but is he talking about him or the buyer :lol:
i said if its damaged take the price of an encore roughly £100? mine was for sale for £150 but i had changed pickups and had usa vintage bridge etc and then refund vendor £400 i would say thats fair

[quote name='helikacarvalho' timestamp='1350420374' post='1838716']
Please take his number ============= his name chris addres ========== number == never buy with him if someone can helpme and call him ad tell him its a fake i wiill apreciate
[/quote]

I really hope you getr your money back.

Frank.

its wasnt damaged, i put the screw off an checke its wasn't a real fender.. I tryed,... but no agreement. I will go to the court tomorrow. with all proofs that I have, he is so liar that he said the police was coming, and we wait near to 2 hours and no police, when I called them, the woman take my name as a proof that I was there to make a agreement, and said to me, go to the court first thing in the morning, you have the address, the name and the guitar, sue him. and he can wait, the police will visit him asap.

It doesn't sound like this this feller is going to do the decent thing. You have given the opportunity for him to return your money, and that seems unlikely. He has clearly advertised this as a Vintage Fender, which it is clearly not. Even a private seller must describe goods correctly, and he has been fraudulent in his description. You will have legal recourse in this area. It doesn't matter what he says now, take him to a small claims court, then it up to a civil Judge. It will cost a bit of time and money, but you will get your day in court and he will have no choice in that. You never know, you'll probably get a load of us lot turning up clutching the real things as evidence!

What I would do now is to write him a letter asking for a refund, and your reasons for doing so. Give him 7 days to settle. State in the letter that if you do not have satisfaction within 7 days that you will take him to court. Either he'll pay, or you go to court.

This original text?....

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Old Fender P Bass, Natural Finish, Looks Like A 1962 But Without Thumb Rest Or Ashtray Bridge Cover. Been Inspected By Local Fender Retailer And Confirmed As 1970's. Truss Rod Needs Adjustment As Action Is High But I Can Do This For You. Personally I Would Change The Strings And Have A Proper Set Up Done As This Was Stored For Years. Electrics Work Fine And Plays Well As I Used This At A Gig Last Week. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I Know How Much It Is Worth Plus 2k But As I'm A Guitarist I Rarely Play It. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I Would Like More Than What It Is Advertised For However I Am Happy For It To Have A Loving Home [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I Can Deliver At A Cost.[/size][/font][/color]

I really hope this guy does the decent thing and gives you your cash back. If you do end up having to take him to court though, go through [url="https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome"]https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome[/url]. It's a pretty straightforrward process and with his
gumtree ad and an appraisal from a reputable luthier he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

he text me to say not to contact him as police where there, i didnt believe him he is a full on bullsh*tter
then he sent me this "collar 6502 and 7424" as if these where the police officers present,Walter Mitty springs to mind the guy is just a fantasist!

Oh yeah that's a real fake

Not a lot you can do now, I don't think gumtree or ebay will be able to recover your loss. Lesson learnt, next time get it checked by a reputable luthier or dealer, but dude, just looking at the headstock logo, you should have spotted a duff.

If you are into vintage Fender basses, get yourself a book like this to learn a bit more about them and learn what to expect from an original vintage one

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-Bass-Illustrated-History/dp/0634026402/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350455109&sr=1-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-Bass-Illustrated-History/dp/0634026402/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350455109&sr=1-1[/url]

So if it was a 62, that makes it anything from 1.5k to 5k plus behind book, a 76 around 1k, well written description, just enough bait too....

These scams are always going to be around and have done forever, but they will always require and need two to tango, the original crook and yet another buyer wishing to find something for nothing. Human nature on both sides.

I'd say the only way forward is small claims court, but do consider that even this isn't 100% to get ya money back, been there got the t shirt, cap and flag.

Also, regrettable as it is, I'm not sure that naming, shaming and posting phone numbers on a public forum is strictly legit, however much the temptation! Take stock, count to ten, then move forward.

Best of luck nailing this criminal, if you need more help try citizen advice and trading standards as the scammer maybe known to them?

I understand, Hes a liar, he sent to me a email today andd he told the police was there. I called the police and the woman said: the police will not go there as there is a civil matter. he told me that he will not be at home for 3 ddaus because he had some sort of gig, when I came to his house, he was there, I've received a email from fender and I will use this as a proof of crime.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1350430377' post='1838939']
This original text?....

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Old Fender P Bass, Natural Finish, Looks Like A 1962 But Without Thumb Rest Or Ashtray Bridge Cover. Been Inspected By Local Fender Retailer And Confirmed As 1970's. Truss Rod Needs Adjustment As Action Is High But I Can Do This For You. Personally I Would Change The Strings And Have A Proper Set Up Done As This Was Stored For Years. Electrics Work Fine And Plays Well As I Used This At A Gig Last Week. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I Know How Much It Is Worth Plus 2k But As I'm A Guitarist I Rarely Play It. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I Would Like More Than What It Is Advertised For However I Am Happy For It To Have A Loving Home [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I Can Deliver At A Cost.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Why Is This Moron Writing Like He's Never Had An English Lesson In His Life?

Fender dealer in Reading?

"Been Inspected By Local Fender Retailer And Confirmed As 1970's..."

Worth chasing up?

To be honest I'd prob leave it and put it down to experience.

I recently got bitten on the bay and had to swallow it.

Edited by bh2

I received the email from fender:
Hi Helika,

We have taken a look over the photos for you and it would seem that the guitar you have is not an original 60’s p bass. We feel the wood for the body looks wrong and the neck is also not what we would expect. We cannot confirm this 100% as we don’t have the guitar here to inspect however we are quite confident. As for your course of action it would be best to contact the seller first to find out the history of the guitar before taking it any further.

Kind regards,

------- Edited out personal info.

and I have a proof of anderson music in guilford that is a fake guitar. so guys, I will go to the court

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1350474046' post='1839291']
I don't usually condone this sort of thing, but if it was me on the receiving end, I and three of my largest friends would undoubtably persuade the geezer to provide a full refund!
[/quote]

I think I`d choose four largest mates, to emphasise the point.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1350430377' post='1838939']
This original text?....

[/quote]

Lol, someone fell for this at a £500 risk? Personally, I would have met a guitar shop, had them confirm/deny its status and then made the transaction.
Not always the way but something "worth £2k" going this low had to have something wrong with it.

Blatantly unlucky on the buyers side (although with the right research/assistance could have helped avoid the sale) and the seller is just a miserable bugger who deserves everything coming his way.

All the best with the court case.

BSB