Why become a member? ×

Can anyone recommend a courier to move a VERY large cab?

Beedster

i used [b]UKMail [/b]to collect my cab and head from oop north total aout 45-48kg ish

think it was about 35 ex vat quid but cant remember exactly to be sure but id be surprised if it would be much more than 60 quid for a 55kg package

- 55kg shouldnt be a problem as they charge by volumetric weight and there is stepped premium increase for extra insurance levels to your requirements

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1349023256' post='1820783']
Need to move a 55kg cab from one end of the UK to the other. TNT want £200 to do so whilst a lot of other couriers don't seem to go above 50kgs. Anyone got any alternatives?

Thanks

Chris
[/quote]
Tell the courier it's under 50kgs. No one will weigh it. I can gaurantee you that. They are far too busy.

Thanks very much guys, encouraging stuff, I'll try a few of those suggestions. Re relying on them not weighing it, I got charged a fortune for an overweight package a few years back, so yes they do occasionally weigh them, and if they find you've been telling them porkies, their small print allows you to stick on a hefty 'administration fee' (i.e., fine) for doing so :rolleyes:

I needed a large mystery box transporting about a week ago and posted [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187432-anyone-travelling-from-yorkshire-to-london/"]here[/url] and had a response witin 24 hours.

The box and contents were delivered safely within a couple of days.

Thankyou Basschat :)

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1349113304' post='1822020']
I needed a large mystery box transporting about a week ago and posted [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187432-anyone-travelling-from-yorkshire-to-london/"]here[/url] and had a response witin 24 hours.

The box and contents were delivered safely within a couple of days.

Thankyou Basschat :)
[/quote]

Ha ha, I bet I can guess where that box was going! Parcel Monkey now moving my box at a very reasonable rate, fingers crossed!

Have you tried shiply ?
http://www.shiply.com/couriers/?source=google-ppc-brand&gclid=CKmyur6w6LICFUfKtAod4goA6g

I've used it a few times now and it's always worked well. Basically people looking for back hauls so you can get some cheap prices.
Maybe worth a try.
B)

i most certainly won't be using Parcel Monkey or Night Freight again. It seems that the former take the money from the punter and the latter does the job. Only if the latter doesn't do the job (as has happened), they're both pretty clueless, my cab's still where it was, and Parcel Monkey have still charged me for the pleasure? Come back Parcelforce, all is forgiven :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1349450590' post='1826533']
i most certainly won't be using Parcel Monkey or Night Freight again. It seems that the former take the money from the punter and the latter does the job. Only if the latter doesn't do the job (as has happened), they're both pretty clueless, my cab's still where it was, and Parcel Monkey have still charged me for the pleasure? Come back Parcelforce, all is forgiven :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Yes, I've had a bad experience when someone else used ParcelMonkey to ship something fairly valuable to me and it disappeared for 3 days, though it did eventually re-appear safe and sound. I guess if you pay peanuts you get parcelmonkeys.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1349467980' post='1826860']
Yes, I've had a bad experience when someone else used ParcelMonkey to ship something fairly valuable to me and it disappeared for 3 days, though it did eventually re-appear safe and sound. I guess if you pay peanuts you get parcelmonkeys.
[/quote]

Ha ha, agreed.

Amazingly I had two couriers booked yesterday and both let me down, I'd also booked a collection for delivery today via Interparcel which they failed to collect. Perhaps it was national courier crapness day?

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1349026322' post='1820832']
Tell the courier it's under 50kgs. No one will weigh it. I can gaurantee you that. They are far too busy.
[/quote]
I worked for Parcelfarce for a few unhappy years... believe me, they weigh anything and everything that might be overweight.

you want a company that's accept a pallet. I moved a small lathe this way once, surely these places till exist ? has long gone, but places like Shipley.com can get quotes for you from those that do, although I have not used them personally

Edited by daz