Why become a member? ×

My bass is 'Bass Of The Week' in No Treble Magazine!

Dood

I was pleased as punch to get an FB tag from fellow BCer Attitude Castle to say that he'd spotted my Shuker Singlecut feature in No Treble magazine as Bass Of The Week!

How cool! Read the piece here:

http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2012/09/20/bass-of-the-week-shuker-singlecut-elite/

Yayyyyyy!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1348185672' post='1810714']
Nice one :D Never realised just how cool the finish on this bass really was!
[/quote]

Thank you!

Yes, it's a metallic purple / emerald green flip paint that changes colour, but under certain indoor lights it looks dark blue. Outside in bright sunlight there's a flash of red round the edges too.

There's a link to my build diary in my sig below.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1348187225' post='1810720']
Yes, it's a metallic purple / emerald green flip paint that changes colour, but under certain indoor lights it looks dark blue. Outside in bright sunlight there's a flash of red round the edges too.

[/quote]

Lovely :D Was it perhaps inspired by the finish on one of Mr Petrucci's guitars?

Very enjoyable build diary! I've already heard how good this thing sounds too (and that's only on youtube). Mr Shuker sure can make a bass!

Not very impressed with No Treble.

The Atlansia Solitaire was bass of the week sometime back using my photographs of my actual bass without even bothering to ask permission or providing at photo credit.

A polite email asking them to acknowledge this and put it right has so far seemingly been ignored.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1348210133' post='1810754']

The Atlansia Solitaire was bass of the week sometime back using my photographs of my actual bass without even bothering to ask permission or providing at photo credit.

A polite email asking them to acknowledge this and put it right has so far seemingly been ignored.
[/quote]

just send them an invoice for the image use

When my bass was first built I was asked to write a piece on it. A few weeks after publication I received another copy of it through the post from "some bloke" who had written on the page :)
Sorry about the crap scan - I'll have to get round to rescanning it some day. To make the bass more usable I've had to have a couple of things changed on it, which Jaydee did to keep it in the Birch fold.

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1348224738' post='1811028']
When my bass was first built I was asked to write a piece on it. A few weeks after publication I received another copy of it through the post from "some bloke" who had written on the page :)
Sorry about the crap scan - I'll have to get round to rescanning it some day. To make the bass more usable I've had to have a couple of things changed on it, which Jaydee did to keep it in the Birch fold.

[/quote]

That's so cool! Would be nice to read it.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1348210133' post='1810754']

[/quote]

That's not very nice of them is it.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1348185441' post='1810712']
I was pleased as punch to get an FB tag from fellow BCer Attitude Castle to say that he'd spotted my Shuker Singlecut feature in No Treble magazine as Bass Of The Week!

How cool! Read the piece here:

[url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2012/09/20/bass-of-the-week-shuker-singlecut-elite/"]http://www.notreble....inglecut-elite/[/url]

Yayyyyyy!
[/quote]

It's a really lovely bass, dood. But I can't get on with the tiny cutaway horn. Every time I see it it reminds me of the Norfolk Finger ;)

Hm, that behaviour is definitely not on.
I've tweeted the article (as BC) and mentioned Dan as the owner of the bass (I did so before reading the more recent posts in this thread.). Hopefully I won't have to shame NoTreble into an acknowledgement at some point in the future, but I won't hesitate if necessary.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1348187225' post='1810720']
Thank you!

[/quote]

Not my bag, but totally regardless of that you can't help but be stunned at the skill, dedication and ability of the creator. :hi:

[quote name='Westie9' timestamp='1348211067' post='1810762']
Recently I've been getting GAS for one of these... Never used to, but I've recently started to love the look and design of these. Everything about them seems to suggest that they would be ideal for me. Where's the best place, if any, to try them out?
[/quote]

Unfortunately I think Dan's house is the only place you can try one [/pedantic]

Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1348243487' post='1811367']

Unfortunately I think Dan's house is the only place you can try one [/pedantic]

Truckstop
[/quote]

I got to play it at my own house... Amazing what a bribe of tea and biscuits can get you! :)

In fact... I might end up playing this again on Tuesday...