Why become a member? ×

Did I make a Mistake? :S

Hotel352nd

Mkay so a little while ago i got my first bigger amp... i may have made a terrible mistake however...

im sure you guys all know of the Fender Rumble series?

well i purchased myself one a little while ago...

the one i got was a rumble 350 watt :o

however it only cost 250.. instead of the retail 400 or so...

now have i made a good choice in setting myself up with a beast that in theory as its so big will do for a long while .. or just stabbed myself in the foot, by not allowing for much upgrade ?

like did it make sense to go for the power.. or should i have gone smaller but maybe more down the cab and head road... ?

i guess.. but its very.. basic.. i dunno it definately sounds good. but i dont know if its the exact kind of good im looking for.. i mean at the moment im using a mexican made P-Bass w/ Seymour Duncans .. it sounds nice for sure..

don't get me wrong.. i love it... but its just the combo just is you know.. theres not as much room to customise as such... to be honest my knowledge on how much difference an amp makes is quite limited...

obvious a head with more dials has a lot more variety (EQ etc) than one without.. but thats more or less as far as my knowledge goes xD

I used a Fender Rumble 350 on a couple of gigs recently,and it was a nice amp. I didn't play with the EQ much,just
left it pretty flat,but it didn't sound bad at all.I'd have no problem gigging one if I had too.
I think you've made a decent choice with regards to buying an amp that will handle gigs for a while.The only thing is you
may eventually need more power if you play in loud bands without any PA support,otherwise you're fine. You certainly
haven't stabbed yourself in the foot...especially at that price.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' timestamp='1347751883' post='1804701']
If you think it sounds good, that's all that matters. If you don't know what the benefits of having a seperate head and cab are, you won't miss them either. :)

The rumble is a decent amp, especially at that price. Enjoy it, then if you eventually think something's missing, you can look at alternatives.
[/quote]

+1

you will easily trade or sell that on here if you wanna upgrade later

andy

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1347743382' post='1804629']
I used a Fender Rumble 350 on a couple of gigs recently,and it was a nice amp. I didn't play with the EQ much,just
left it pretty flat,but it didn't sound bad at all.I'd have no problem gigging one if I had too.
I think you've made a decent choice with regards to buying an amp that will handle gigs for a while.The only thing is you
may eventually need more power if you play in loud bands without any PA support,otherwise you're fine. You certainly
haven't stabbed yourself in the foot...especially at that price.
[/quote]

Same as. I`ve used a few of the Rumble series at gigs where they`ve been the provided amp. All eq at midday, sounds great with a Precision. Yes, if later on you start to play larger venues without PA support, you may find 2x10 not enough, but that generally depends on band-type, and the size of the drummers muscles.

If at that point you do need more, I can`t see you not getting your money back by selling it on here, so I think for now, it`s a win situation.