Why become a member? ×

Basses, effects, amps, mandolin, everything must go!

Wil

Following my worst week of recent memory and a spate of burglaries, vandalism and my my next door neighbour turning out to be running a cannabis factory, I'm moving house at short notice. Hence, I need cash, [b]but I'm snowed under sorting my life out so am not in a position to post anything, and will need to arrange to meet with people in Bristol if they are interested in buying anything. Please bear in mind that it may take a few days to arrange meeting up if you're interested, due to all the house moving stuff. [/b]
So, without further ado:

Status Series 1 5 string bass. Neck through, active preamp, maple neck, 7 piece body. Really nice low action. A few marks on the body, and a small crack in the back of the headstock which has been superglued, and hasn't given me any trouble. Would have been around £600 new, yours for [b]£270[/b] due to the aforementioned cosmetic issues. - [b]Now SOLD to vmaxblues[/b]

Parts built precision bass with Status graphite neck, Kent Armstrong bridge humbucker, John East BTB01 preamp. A bit tatty visually, but feels and sounds great - the neck alone cost more than the asking price of [b]£350[/b]

Since the above picture was taken the hole in the pickguard has been filled with an active/passive switch, and all but one of the pickguard screws are in there (the one that isn't is over the routing for the pickup so doesnt have anything to screw into). The P pickup is one half Wizard Thumper and one half the original Encore one, which could be secured better in its casing as it drops down on occasion. Oh, and there's a Puntastic sticker on there that will come off easy enough. Check out the build link in my sig for more info on the birth of this little beast. Be under no illusions though, I knocked this thing together in my living room. It does the job, but its not pretty.

Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus pedal - [b]£25[/b]

Electro Harmonix Bassballs Nano - [b]SOLD[/b]

Behringer compressor - [b]£10[/b]

Electro Harmonix pedal bag - [b]SOLD pending handover[/b]

BC Rich Mockingbird. This one is an '89 model, and sounds great. There is a problem with the neck though, Its got too much relief and I can't adjust it with the truss rod, so the action is high. It will need some work to correct or a new neck unless you like a very high action! Oh, and the volume knob is missing.

£250.

I'll entertain offers on any of the above things. If anyone has a motorcycle (125 or bigger, I'm planning on taking my test when I can afford it) they want to trade, let me know, as I may not be able to keep my car on the road for much longer.

Edited by Wil

The bassballs is now sold to tayste_2000. I'll try and get some better pics up of all the basses as soon as I can. None of them are in showroom condition, they all have a few knocks, and I'll try and show this as best I can.

[quote]Yeah, best wishes, hope things start to get better
D[/quote]

Ditto from me.

Do you still have the sound clips of the P bass? It sounded great, and would probably help sell it in no time!

Cheers
ped

Thanks chaps. Its the 4 time my house has been broken into. The 3 prior occasions were a few years ago before I moved in, however. Not a nice area. They broke into next door on Monday to steal the weed that was growing there, unknown to us. After we phoned the police and got one of them nicked, plus the house full of cannabis emptied by the police, we've had our door kicked in, and my laptop stolen.

Luckily we moved nearly all the other valuables (including bass gear!) out of the house after the first sign of trouble. Seems they came back today too, according to our neighbour the police have been out again to our place. Going to empty the rest of the house tomorrow, while we wait to hear back on references for our new house.

[quote name='ped' post='190664' date='May 2 2008, 04:06 PM']Ditto from me.

Do you still have the sound clips of the P bass? It sounded great, and would probably help sell it in no time!

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Ah, they should still reside in the build thread [url="http://www.finnbass.com/showthread.php?t=1330"]here: clicky click click[/url]

[quote name='ped' post='190667' date='May 2 2008, 04:10 PM']Crikey. That's horrible. I hope you find a safe heaven ASAP. The mind boggles as to what goes through these peoples heads, if anything at all.[/quote]

The most frightening thing was that my girlfriend was on her own in the house when they broke into the neighbours - our house and the neighbours house are on their own at the end of a secluded driveway, and they were in our back garden (they smashed our fence down to get in and out). I disturbed them when I was coming home from work. She was terrified, and me as well. On top of that, we've had to rehome our cat of 11 years, as it would have been impossible to find accomidation with a cat who likes to tear up furniture and carpet at short notice. Devestating!

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='190713' date='May 2 2008, 05:05 PM']awww pants!

If that doesn't go through for what ever reason, let me know.[/quote]

Will do. I've had a fair bit of interest in this one, however!

It pains me, but I may be considering selling my DHA VT2 Dual Custom rack mount unit too. Its got a lower gain military spec first stage valve fitted, which Brycee helped me pick out. I went to a lot of trouble finding just the right valve for it, and it sounds great, so I'm not sure about it, but I may have to. Would there be any interest?

Edited by Wil

HI mate, I'm in Bristol too and I was broken into last week! I've had to barricade the back of the flat as they tried it again this Monday. No chance they're getting in though!

Sorry to hear about all that. Still, I'd check down Cash Convertors to be sure, it may be there... You never know!

[quote name='Jebo1' post='190721' date='May 2 2008, 05:12 PM']HI mate, I'm in Bristol too and I was broken into last week! I've had to barricade the back of the flat as they tried it again this Monday. No chance they're getting in though!

Sorry to hear about all that. Still, I'd check down Cash Convertors to be sure, it may be there... You never know![/quote]

Scum is the only way to describe them innit! I hope you've got your gear in a safe place?

Well, in the words of Arnold Rimmer, needs must as the devil drives. Or something.

The landlord of the house next door has been back the last 2 days, had a look inside the house yesterday. Unbelievable, really. Hundreds of plant pots, gange strewn everywhere, a wall full of power transformers wired directly into the mains to run the grow lamps, 2 full water butts in the bath with hoses running everywhere (soaking wet carpets throughout the house) and holes in the floor to run air ducts through to the loft, where there was an air filtration system installed. He's got his work cut out sorting the place out.

He's currently burning 4 bags of plant matter in the back garden. I'd have stuck around to watch but I don't have any snackfoods in the house.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I could split the parts Precision into bits, in which case I'd be asking £260 for the neck (fitted with hipshot tuners) £30 for the Kent Armstrong humbucker and £60 for the John East BTB01 preamp, + postage.