Why become a member? ×

Basses, effects, amps, mandolin, everything must go!

Wil

[quote name='BassManKev' post='191710' date='May 4 2008, 05:53 PM']tempted by that neck

would it fit a jazz copy?[/quote]

Pm'd. It fit my Encore body ok, so it should be fine. As you're in Bristol though we could check with your bass before you buy if you like.

If anyone is wondering what the Kent Armstrong pickup sounds like, here's a sample I recorded ages ago:

[url="http://media.putfile.com/StatusEncore---Bridge"]http://media.putfile.com/StatusEncore---Bridge[/url]

The recording is very toppy, but that's more to do with the EQ settings I had on the preamp - without wanting to wax verbs too much, its just as capable of churning out warmth as it is of burp!

[quote name='Wil' post='191680' date='May 4 2008, 04:59 PM']He's currently burning 4 bags of plant matter in the back garden. I'd have stuck around to watch but I don't have any snackfoods in the house.[/quote]
:) :huh: ;) Glad you haven't lost your sense of humour with all that sh*te going on. Good luck mush. ;)

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='Wil' post='194940' date='May 8 2008, 07:49 PM']For info:

I've just had a chance to measure the nut width on the Status neck, and its 1 1/2", or 4cm. Whatever that means :)[/quote]

Hi mate, would have had that in a second had it been the Status Precision neck but at 1.5 inches at the nut it's categorically a Jazz profile so I'm out. Apologies if I've wasted your time, and good luck with ther sale
Chris

The Status necked P bass is not perfect, its got a fair few knocks and I put it together - to put it one way, I'd like to think I am to DIY what Girls Aloud are to politics. I don't want to mislead anyone as to its condition, so here are some pics.

Note the drill hole in the back of the headstock where I drilled all the way through by accident - what can I say, me and power tools don't mix. The bottom screw on the "E" tuner is a touch loose, I used too large a bit, so it could use a screw with a bigger thread. The tuner is secure, though. There is some wear/bubbling to the laquer around the "E" tuner screw hole pictured top right, where I didn't countersink the hole enough before drilling.

Note here the snapped drillbit next to the string tree. Graphite is tough stuff, it seems! I couldn't get it out, so I left it there. There is some slight scuffing on the lower edge of the headstock, which isn't too noticable.

I don't have any pics of the neck heel, but I think there may be some laquer bubbling from the drilling there as well, again where I didn't countersink as deep as I should have. I'll try and get some pics of this soon.

A few of the bass in its current state:

Neck pocket with innovative paper composite strengthening - that's a bit of card stuffed down the side to tighten it up, in laymans terms :huh:

The back, some chips and buckle rash. The body is around 13 years old, so its got its share of wear and tear (I'm a poet but I don't know it).

So there you are. The neck feels and plays great, but its got some cosmetic issues. I honestly can't say what effect that laquer bubbling will have, as far as I can tell its just cosmetic, but if anyone has experience of this on other graphite necks and knows if this will cause problems, please post :)

More things for sale. I no longer have a working car, so collection will be required from either Berkeley, Gloucestershire, or Bristol city centre.

DHA VT2 Dual Custom Preamp, with power adaptor and 3U rackcase - I've fitted a Mullard Cryo valve in the first stage to provide a less gain and more warmth. This is the more recent version with the active EQ. £230

Alden Mandocaster, like this one:

Small scratch on the front, otherwise fine. £80

US Fender Jazz bass. Bought off Bassjamm, fitted with Hipshot D tuner, natural with black guard and maple board. A few marks on the neck and some buckle rash, plays and sounds great. Fender hardcase, which is beaten up and covered in stickers with one broken latch. £500

Gallien Krueger Neo 1x12 8ohm 300watt speaker cab - [b]SOLD[/b]

Roland Basscube 30watt practice amp with various effects built in, like the one pictured - brilliant practice amp this, works well with guitar too. £80

Edited by Wil

GK112 sold last night to Garbev. Still need to sell all my other stuff! Here's a recap, with the current prices (some price drops):

Roland Basscube - £80
US Standard Jazz bass with hipshot D tuner - £500
Alden Mandocaster - £80
BC Rich Mockingbird - £200
DHA VT2 Dual Custom Preamp, with 3U rackcase and power supply - £200
Status Jazz neck with black hipshot tuners (normal ones, not D tuners) - £230
Kent Armstrong humbucker - £25
John East BTB01 preamp - £50
Danelectro Cool Cat (reissue) - £25

[quote name='johnnylager' post='192684' date='May 6 2008, 09:21 AM']:) :huh: :huh: Glad you haven't lost your sense of humour with all that sh*te going on. Good luck mush. :huh:[/quote]
+1 You're a trooper for putting up with it as long as you have. What an appalling situation to find yourself in!

We had a pair of squatters/dealers across the street from me for a while until the police raided the place. There wasn't a car or basement flat in the street that was safe if there was anything remotely interesting or valuable on show. Made most of us on the street very paranoid but at least I know my neighbours and they know me.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='211623' date='Jun 3 2008, 10:41 AM']+1 You're a trooper for putting up with it as long as you have. What an appalling situation to find yourself in!

We had a pair of squatters/dealers across the street from me for a while until the police raided the place. There wasn't a car or basement flat in the street that was safe if there was anything remotely interesting or valuable on show. Made most of us on the street very paranoid but at least I know my neighbours and they know me.[/quote]

Thankfully, we're now settled in our new house and its lovely :huh: really nice neighbours, nice places to walk the dog, and you feel safe walking around at night. Hooray for the countryside! Still need to try and sell our old place though, as its owned by my girlfriend's mum. Will be tricky after all the break ins and trouble :)