[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u227/chrisdabass/SAM_0189.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u227/chrisdabass/AlpherBass2.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by CHRISDABASS

[quote name='merello' timestamp='1345917170' post='1783158']
Well done mate!
[/quote]

Thanks!! :)

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1345918110' post='1783179']
Lovely grain. We got some spalted sycamore in our yard that we felled a few years ago,wish I was good enough with wood work to make a bass outta it! Lovely bass,how she play?
[/quote]

Never seen spalted sycamore before! i bet its lovely! any pics?

I'm over the moon with how it's turned out! both playability and sound are great!! but i guess I'm quite biased! haha

anyone local to saltaire (west yorkshire) is welcome to pop in and try it by the way :D

[quote name='classrock' timestamp='1345918374' post='1783184']
Oh man, look's sick !
I do mean that in a nice way.
Have you got the vintage knob on the pre-amp?
Did ET help you build this bass !
[/quote]

Hey! Thanks mate! :)

After owning more than my fair share of Sadowsky's i decided against ordering the VTC, i wanted to keep things as simple as possible!

Will try and get some pics of the back for you guys too! there's a 6 bolt neck joint with proper M8 machine bolts and inserts and also a surprise on the electronics cover!! ;)

I've played this bass at my last band rehearsal (usually use my Valenti Jazz) and I have to say I was mega impressed! it felt, played and sounded amazing. to give it a brief review;

build & design - the workmanship that has gone into this 'prototype' is just top class, I was really impressed! the body shape & design is very unique and I think it really works. the headstock, which I've been informed is smaller than planned (accidentally) also adds to a unique and modern feel. the wood is just gorgeous and has a lot to do with the way this bass sounds! it's also a very light bass .. or so it seemed.

sound & playability - you can't go wrong (IMO) with Sadowsky electronics, however this Alpher bass does something to add to that sound (the wood used and way it's built). it has an aggressive and slightly modern jazz sound, with great balance between the bottom and top end (even more so than my Valenti) but at no point does the sound become too much or over bearing! there were no dead points on the fret board, the action was low and fast, the neck was smooth and the fretboard just looks amazing and sounds awesome!

all in all, I was taken back by how good this was .. especially considering it's a prototype!

I'm certainly looking forward to putting in an order :)

[quote name='funkyspuke' timestamp='1345965407' post='1783526']
I've played this bass at my last band rehearsal (usually use my Valenti Jazz) and I have to say I was mega impressed! it felt, played and sounded amazing. to give it a brief review;

build & design - the workmanship that has gone into this 'prototype' is just top class, I was really impressed! the body shape & design is very unique and I think it really works. the headstock, which I've been informed is smaller than planned (accidentally) also adds to a unique and modern feel. the wood is just gorgeous and has a lot to do with the way this bass sounds! it's also a very light bass .. or so it seemed.

sound & playability - you can't go wrong (IMO) with Sadowsky electronics, however this Alpher bass does something to add to that sound (the wood used and way it's built). it has an aggressive and slightly modern jazz sound, with great balance between the bottom and top end (even more so than my Valenti) but at no point does the sound become too much or over bearing! there were no dead points on the fret board, the action was low and fast, the neck was smooth and the fretboard just looks amazing and sounds awesome!

all in all, I was taken back by how good this was .. especially considering it's a prototype!

I'm certainly looking forward to putting in an order :)
[/quote]
wow if it compares to that valenti that's high praise indeed! very nice looking thing! :)