Why become a member? ×

Shuker PJ5 For Sale - Price Reduction!! - SOLD SOLD SOLD

MattyK

Hello All,

Ive decided that as im not really playing 5ers too much these days - and ive discovered the joys of a pair of 81' Ibanez Blazers lol - so its time to move this beauty on. This bass was originally commissioned by Old Horse Murphy in 2007 - and he is obviously a man of taste. It then was passed to Dave at Obbm Cables - who refined the bass further, adding CTS pots and Nordstrand Big Splits - which sound fantastic! Ive not used the bass a tremendous amount since I have owned it as my projects have gone a bit more retro. The Spec of the bass is as follows;

Number of strings: 5
Body: Swamp ash Jean Jacques Burnel Precision shape
Body thickness: 40mm
Neck: 1 piece rock maple
Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
Number of frets: 20
Frets: Medium jumbo
Fret markers: White Pearloid block markers/matching binding
Side dots: Black
Nut: Brass
Pickups: Nordstrand
Controls: 2 x Volume 1x Tone
Bridge: Schaller 2000
Machine heads: Hipshot
Hardware: Chrome
Pickguard: Black Pearloid
Scale: 34"
Width at nut: 45mm
Depth at first fret 19.5mm
Lacquer: Gloss Polyurethane
Neck Lacquer: Satin Lacquer (15% gloss)
Colour: Transparent Blue
Electronics: Passive/ wide band tone cut
Truss rod: 2-way and carbon reinforcements
Head shape: 4+1 (as per P-Bass on Shuker website)

Any further questions please just ask. The bass is based 10 miles north of Bristol. Im asking[b][s]£950[/s] £850[/b] cash.

Thanks Matt

Edited by MattyK

Hi There,

I would prefer local pick up - obviously with an instrument of this quality/price I would rather someone try it, love it and take it away. I would however be prepared to courier it (pending a cleared payment) - if we could come to some arrangement with a hard flight case (I have one I could sell with it). Thnx M

[quote name='MattyK' timestamp='1345198058' post='1774790']
Nice to finally say Hi OHM!! Indeed - Ive had many people ask me 'Alice...who the F* is Alice' - she really is a beauty - which im sure is a reflection of the real Alice :-)
[/quote]

I like to think so :) and if I could afford to take this back I'd jump at the chance!!