Why become a member? ×

Gone thank you.

karlfer

Bought 8 weeks ago, never used as I immediately took off the original parchment scratchplate, sent if off to get the brown tortie one done. The brown tortie turned up YESTERDAY :angry: .
There is a lot of info regarding these on the net. Supposedly only 150 for Europe. Links below are just a small example.
P/J pups, active, jazz 70's style neck, Precision body.
[url="http://wzeu.search-results.com/r?t=p&d=apn&s=zuk&c=a&app=aoth&l=dis&o=1920&sv=0a65292b&ip=5cead1c3&id=EA9E1958C3591F1909BAD8D7353C3D2F&q=fender+precision+sea+foam&p=1&qs=121&ac=929&g=53e4WKLK18%w72&cu.wz=0&en=gs&io=0&ep=&eo=&b=a005&bc=&br=&tp=d&ec=10&pt=Fender%20Deluxe%20Precision%20Bass%20Special%20Sea%20Foam%20...%20-%20Sounds%20Live&ex=&url=&u=http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Fender_Deluxe_Precision_Bass_Special_Sea_Foam_Metallic/FEN-014-0038-349"]Fender Deluxe Precision Bass Special Sea Foam ... - Sounds Live[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gIMZPn_DKQ"]Fender Precision Bass Special FSR Maple Neck Sea Foam Metallic - YouTube[/url]
Between the plate and the bass, this cost me just over £700. There is something rather special on here that I am after so I am prepared to take a big hit on this. Bear in mind it will be second hand but unused.
£520 collected from Wigan, £540 couriered, bank transfer or cleared cheque. UK only, no PAINPal sorry.
Comes with gig bag, original scratchplate and documents.
It will only be for sale as long as the special thing I have my eye on. Just hope it doesn't all go horribly wrong with timing :lol: .
As ever, any questions, and if you are close enough, more than welcome to come round and try it,
cheers,
Karl. (and now, my pathetic photos :P )[attachment=114974:DSCF0028.JPG][attachment=114975:DSCF0029.JPG][attachment=114976:DSCF0030.JPG][attachment=114977:DSCF0031.JPG][attachment=114978:DSCF0032.JPG][attachment=114979:DSCF0033.JPG][attachment=114980:DSCF0034.JPG]
The picture of the back of the headstock looks like it's chipped, it's not, just light or my camera skills. The bass is unmarked.

Edited by karlfer

That is gorgeous.

If I can find someone to part with £375 for my Mexi Jazz with Bartolinis and a Badass, I'd love this. I get the feeling that it ain't gonna be around that long tho...

Well I didn't see this coming. I love my one. Its so different ( for a Fender anyway ) but sounds so good

If you want to see one with the original scratchplate then click on the link at the top of my sig. this is my one.

Edited by Delberthot

Thanks for the comments folks. Not at all jealous of ANOTHER 77 Precision Lozz :lol:
Delberthot had the good grace to point out in a PM that Thomann are doing these at £625, but obviously without the £50 custom brown tortie plate.
So, it's just a bit more than £100 saving, not including the extra plate, against their price. I don't think that's bad really considering all I've done is test it 8 weeks ago and set it up this afternoon.
Cheers,
Karl

Edited by karlfer

Probably wasn't your intention but thanks for pointing me out to this instrument..
Didn't plan on buying a Fender again but I was so drawn by its looks that I checked the video and loved the sound and the possibilities.
I'm going to buy one over here in Belgium, thanks !

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1344320843' post='1762637']
Probably wasn't your intention but thanks for pointing me out to this instrument..
Didn't plan on buying a Fender again but I was so drawn by its looks that I checked the video and loved the sound and the possibilities.
I'm going to buy one over here in Belgium, thanks !
[/quote]

Ahhh, share the love :lol: .
Actually got round to trying this last night before it went and I was surprised at it's power and tonal flexibilty.
Thanks to everybody for their kind comments but it looks like the one I'm after may not be happening.
Wifezilla overheard the "R" word and hit the roof when I got back.
Taking out the anger and expletives, the rather one sided conversation went sort of "what's the point of ANOTHER Rickenbacker, you will only sell it in a month".
Slightly frosty this morning :unsure:

[quote name='wombatboter' timestamp='1344328752' post='1762728']
"Wifezilla".... priceless :-)
[/quote]

You wouldn't be saying that if you were there at their coven meetings.
Medusa the Mother in law, Satan the sister in law and Attila the Hen.
No man should have to brave these three. :o