Why become a member? ×

Is it a criminal offence.....

SpaceChick

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343808896' post='1755416']
So, I am going to be gracious next week, until he puts a foot out of line, and then I am going to become a rotweiller!!
[/quote]

Whilst I recognise the notion, it's a bit like setting a trap the guy can never escape from - you'll just sit in wait until he puts a foot wrong.

And that whole approach is symptomatic of him not being the right player for the band; so why dance around the edges? Go for the root of the problem, and suggest that he is not the one and that you should continue to search.

I mean, if he's not right, why wait?

Save yourself time and stress and go look for someone new.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1343813287' post='1755480']
Whilst I recognise the notion, it's a bit like setting a trap the guy can never escape from - you'll just sit in wait until he puts a foot wrong.

And that whole approach is symptomatic of him not being the right player for the band; so why dance around the edges? Go for the root of the problem, and suggest that he is not the one and that you should continue to search.

I mean, if he's not right, why wait?

Save yourself time and stress and go look for someone new.
[/quote]

I do agree with you, however, I have only been in the band 4 weeks, so its not my call to make.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343813900' post='1755495']
I do agree with you, however, I have only been in the band 4 weeks, so its not my call to make.
[/quote]

....which is why having a stand up row in front of people you hardly know isn't the best idea.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343813900' post='1755495']
[/quote]

Ah... but it's your band too, don't forget :)

You always get that tentative early stage, when you don't want to seem pushy... but you want to show you're interested :lol:

Anyway, glad they arrived at what sounded like the right decision :)

First saw this thread at 3.30 this morning when I could not sleep and thought What a pity ....I am new on here but remember your post at how excited you were to be in a band......After managing to get to sleep at 8.00 am I have now awoken to find the situation is resolved ...EXCELLENT !..... for my two pennath........My band has tried a second guitarist and then a keyboard player and yes we could play some other "fuller sounding" songs but in the end we stuck with guitar bass and drums (plus a fab female vocalist) because it just "works". Good luck with your new(ish) band :D

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1343817068' post='1755574']
Ah... but it's your band too, don't forget :)

You always get that tentative early stage, when you don't want to seem pushy... but you want to show you're interested :lol:

Anyway, glad they arrived at what sounded like the right decision :)
[/quote]

Glad to hear it.

But remember next time you come across something like that - and you will, we all do. The rest of the band are not your employers nor are they your teachers, and most oftem wont sort it out for you. You need to sort this kind of asshole out before it wears you down and turns into a sort of bullying.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343816819' post='1755568']
Yey :D :D :D Guess who has been ditched :D :D :D[/quote]
[quote name='BRANCINI' timestamp='1343819173' post='1755610']
...remember next time you come across something like that - and you will, we all do. The rest of the band are not your employers nor are they your teachers, and most often won't sort it out for you.[/quote]
[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343816819' post='1755568']
...we need to find another rhythm guitarist...[/quote]

Do you? Is it [i]really [/i]necessary? :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343819708' post='1755625']
To be honest, I don't think so. However, the rest of the band want one for backing vocals too and well as rhythm.[/quote]

You've got the rhythm. Can you do BVs?
If so, you may be able to show you don't need another band member. Less is more.*

*More or less. :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1343819942' post='1755639']
You've got the rhythm. Can you do BVs?
If so, you may be able to show you don't need another band member. Less is more.*

*More or less. :D
[/quote]

Can sing for toffee!!! and definitely can't sing and play at the same time.

I may be a woman, but that is one arena where I definitely can't multitask ;)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1343820107' post='1755644']
Can sing for toffee!!! and definitely can't sing and play at the same time.

I may be a woman, but that is one arena where I definitely can't multitask ;)
[/quote]

We all say that ;)

It's like patting your head whilst rubbing your tummy - you'll look a total twat the first time you try it, but you soon get the hang. And anyway, you're only doubling up on the vocals, not getting your Mariah Carey on :lol:

I think a rhythm guitarist adds value in a 4 piece if the lead is singing as well.

Did a dep gig once with a 6 piece (2 x guitars, keys, singer etc)... no space at all for anything there, it was quite relaxing sitting back and enjoying the grove.

If it is done properly and the 2nd guitarist is more than a passenger then 2 guitar bands can work very well indeed. Think Quo, Lizzy, Wishbone Ash, Stones even would work OK with one guitarist? nope me neither. I once did a 5 piece with 2 guitars and if either of them was missing it would have made a huge hole in the sound.

And that Ritter has a nice happy face on the back that will continue grinning during the insertion - result! :D
Actually, the back config of battery covers etc reminds me of the banana splits from the 70's. Maybe it's an age thing...

Edited by KevB