Why become a member? ×

What's the last bassline you learned?

Doc B

[quote name='Doc B' post='186243' date='Apr 27 2008, 12:37 AM']For the past few days I've been unable to get Joy Division's 'Digital' out of my head - hypnotic bass and vocals. I mentioned this to my wife and she suggested putting the song on when we got home - so I dug out my Joy Division Substance CD (the first CD I ever bought).

Next thing I picked up my new Squier VM 70s Jazz and worked out the bassline, closely followed the line for Transmission. Lovely![/quote]
Robert Cray Phone Booth great funky number

Tool - Schism

I just bought an xp-100 whammy, so i'm having a tool binge, tool aren't for everyone, but i love justin chancellors style, it's a challenge for me because i play with fingers as close to the neck as i can, i dont like playing near the bridge or using a pick, but he's got some great bass lines

[quote name='5_string_death' post='304636' date='Oct 11 2008, 11:55 PM']Bullet In The Head by Rage Against The Machine and Killing In The Name by Rage again lol. I'm working on take the power back, but its giving me trouble lol.
Zach[/quote]

rage has some great lines, Take the power back is actually pretty simple once you get your head round it and is great to play.
drop D, seen alot of people saying play it with a pick but most times i have seen it its slap and thats how it sounds best IMHO. found the muted notes in between the slap parts the tricky bit followed by the pull offs.

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='306115' date='Oct 14 2008, 11:42 AM']rage has some great lines, Take the power back is actually pretty simple once you get your head round it and is great to play.
drop D, seen alot of people saying play it with a pick but most times i have seen it its slap and thats how it sounds best IMHO. found the muted notes in between the slap parts the tricky bit followed by the pull offs.[/quote]
Slap IMHO as well, really, what muppet thinks that a pick sounds like slap, really. Timmy C is a great player, and I want his tone lol
Zach

"Stretchin' Out" by Bootsy, learned at the reccomendation of (and, I think, by way of a mini-assessment by) my tutor.

I had it sooo wrong first time round.

Also, The "Not-So-Long-Song" from CBBC tv show RazzleDazzle, and a fudgey version of Fraggle Rock.

Both kids' tv tunes are by ear so probably also wrong...

S.

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='306115' date='Oct 14 2008, 11:42 AM']rage has some great lines, Take the power back is actually pretty simple once you get your head round it and is great to play.
drop D, seen alot of people saying play it with a pick but most times i have seen it its slap and thats how it sounds best IMHO. found the muted notes in between the slap parts the tricky bit followed by the pull offs.[/quote]

Took me ages to get the mute parts right bloody fun to play though.

I just learnt how to play Moving to New York by The Wombats, I would recommend it to anyone it's very satisfying to play