Why become a member? ×

Is playing rock music good for your hair?

Steve G

Think Blackmore was wearing a syrup as far back as mid-late 70's. Ian Paice mysteriously has more hair now than he had 30 years ago, though Roger Glover seems to have accepted it and just wears the ubiquitous bandana everywhere. Mine's been going steadily for years, especially at the back but whenever I seriously consider going for a cut #2 all over someone pipes up that I should keep it!

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1342703351' post='1739597']
Good job you're not charging because no-one would have paid up.[/quote]

Hmm. OK then, how about this: I'll tell you something very interesting about my arse - for a pound. :D
Any takers? Eh? Eh?

[quote name='funkygreega' timestamp='1342705490' post='1739645']
I hardly play rock but I had a pretty impressive 'fro that I got rid of last year. Its on its way back.
[/quote]

Makes it sound as if you dumped it on the motorway and it's finding its own way home!

I used to shave my head completely, with a razor. Which was tedious. I talked to a hair dresser once, saying that I wished I would just go bald so I didn't have to keep shaving it, and she said I probably would never go bald, something to do with my kind of hair, apparently. So I stopped shaving it. That was in the middle of 1999, I had it cut for the first time since then a few weeks ago, just a few split ends trimmed off, that's all.

I always thought that Bruce Dickinson and James Hetfield suffered from Samson Syndrome, where they cut their hair and their voices turned to crap. I'm sure there are others too. (It's not really true by the way, it just happened to coincide with me going off their bands)

And the dude with the size 8 head... bloody hell, I've never met anyone with a bigger noggin than mine! I'm 7 3/4. I finally had to make myself a hat stretcher to get a leather Stetson to fit me.

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1342708309' post='1739715']
And the dude with the size 8 head... bloody hell, I've never met anyone with a bigger noggin than mine! I'm 7 3/4. .
[/quote]

Technically you still haven't :P But I don't do hats (coz they don't bloody fit), baseball style ones don't do up, cowboy style ones look wrong on me. I have a sun hat but I kind of feel like the Pope in it :lol: Usually wear a buff if the sun gets too much for my bare scalp

[quote name='Steve G' timestamp='1342709288' post='1739740']
Technically you still haven't :P But I don't do hats (coz they don't bloody fit), baseball style ones don't do up, cowboy style ones look wrong on me. I have a sun hat but I kind of feel like the Pope in it :lol: Usually wear a buff if the sun gets too much for my bare scalp
[/quote]
I wear a buff when I'm cycling. Prior to the leather hat all I had to keep the sun out of my eyes was one of these:

Still wear it when fishing.

Cool look KB B)

Thanks but not sure the fisherman/golfer style cap would suit either tbh. Yeah i'm fussy (odd looking maybe)

Not sure I'd have long hair again anyhow, remembering what a pain it was to look after. My son is now growing his, much to my wifes dismay. Go for it I reckon, he'll probably keep it too

Edited by Steve G