Why become a member? ×

fake P or what?

Shonks

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150852788943?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_520wt_1130"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150852788943?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_520wt_1130[/url]

thought it might be a Highway One but the string tree is in the wrong place.
Its a 66/67 serial I think. the neck plate looks real - bit it's the only thing that does...

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1342354254' post='1733586']
It clearly states that it has been stolen from a lodger who owes money. The lodger does not owe the seller a bass guitar and I would hope that this is not legal.
[/quote]i reckon your completely right. But I was just wondering about the bass itself.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1342355144' post='1733608']
But the seller is trying to sell someone else' property. Isn't that the same thing?
[/quote]

A similar thing happened with a shell pink '62 jazz and most (not me) on here seemed to back the recipient. :)

Oh as for the bass. The pickguard isn't original at least, otherwise how do you adjust the tr.

Edited by Ou7shined

It's not a Highway 1 and I doubt it's even a fender.

This is a Highway 1 [url="http://www.infographic.com/fender/pdimages/HW1PrecisionHBR_md.jpg"]http://www.infographic.com/fender/pdimages/HW1PrecisionHBR_md.jpg[/url]

The fact that the bass doesn't even belong to the seller hasn't put people off has it? Sitting at 17 bids now.

The lodger story is obviously cock and bull. The guy has stuck a 60s style neckplate on a bass that has some resemblance to a guitar of that era. The lodger is a fabrication so he can avoid awkward questions and responsibility when and if the milk turns sour. It's hard to say what guitar this is but it is not a sixties original. It has already past the point for me where it's worth having a punt. Looks like a mex of some sort to me. Any experts out there.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1342359721' post='1733668']
It's not a Highway 1 and I doubt it's even a fender.

This is a Highway 1 [url="http://www.infographic.com/fender/pdimages/HW1PrecisionHBR_md.jpg"]http://www.infograph...isionHBR_md.jpg[/url]

The fact that the bass doesn't even belong to the seller hasn't put people off has it? Sitting at 17 bids now.
[/quote] actually, I don't buy the lodger story at all. Its a ruse to sell a fake bass. Some sucker thinks he's getting the deal of a lifetime but just buying a very expensive fake.
The 'landlord' doesn't have to be responsible for a Fender rip off - no lodger's gonna turn up!!
Thinks about it...who's forget their Fender bass when doing a runner?....l :ph34r: :lol:

it's probably a 'Vintage Precision'

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1342360401' post='1733682']
actually, I don't buy the lodger story at all. Its a ruse to sell a fake bass. Some sucker thinks he's getting the deal of a lifetime but just buying a very expensive fake.
The 'landlord' doesn't have to be responsible for a Fender rip off - no lodger's gonna turn up!!
Thinks about it...who's forget their Fender bass when doing a runner?....l :ph34r: :lol:

it's probably a 'Vintage Precision'
[/quote]
+1 with bells on. On closer inspection I doubt it's a fender at all.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1342360336' post='1733679']
The lodger story is obviously cock and bull... The lodger is a fabrication so he can avoid awkward questions and responsibility when and if the milk turns sour....
[/quote]

This.
Although it absolves him of nothing.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1342355144' post='1733608']But the seller is trying to sell someone else' property. Isn't that the same thing?[/quote]

If the scenario were real, I would suspect that the "landlord" were labouring under the belief that he had a right to retention of property until the debt owing by the "tenant" were satisfied. However, that's not the case, and it's why any contract of letting will have a requirement for a sum in money to be held as a security bond, against such an event as non-payment. As suggested, the acting of the "landlord" is not theft, as he has not formed the intention to personally deprive the owner of the property of that property, but he has deprived the owner of the use of the property, and could be made subject to a claim in damages for so acting. And, given that the landlord has no right in title to pass, the property could be recovered from any buyer. The buyer would, in such circumstances, have a right to bring an action in damages against the seller (the landlord).

But, it's all cock and bull. That bass was made yesterday, somewhere in the Far East.

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1342362147' post='1733705']
If the scenario were real, I would suspect that the "landlord" were labouring under the belief that he had a right to retention of property until the debt owing by the "tenant" were satisfied. However, that's not the case, and it's why any contract of letting will have a requirement for a sum in money to be held as a security bond, against such an event as non-payment. As suggested, the acting of the "landlord" is not theft, as he has not formed the intention to personally deprive the owner of the property of that property, but he has deprived the owner of the use of the property, and could be made subject to a claim in damages for so acting. And, given that the landlord has no right in title to pass, the property could be recovered from any buyer. The buyer would, in such circumstances, have a right to bring an action in damages against the seller (the landlord).

But, it's all cock and bull. That bass was made yesterday, somewhere in the Far East.
[/quote]I rest my case m'lud! :drinks:

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1342369869' post='1733857']
Not legally as it hasn't been obtained dishonestly.

Until the seller permanently deprives the owner of it it's not theft or stolen.

Long story but I'm down £2.5k of tools. Police won't do nowt as I left them on their property (They changed locks threatened me with trespass etc) Police won't do nowt as it doesn't meet THEIR definition of theft.
[/quote]

Actually the definition is [b]dishonestly[/b] [b]appropriating [/b]property with the [b]intention[/b] of permanently depriving the owner of it.

Putting the bass up for sale is appropriation. And he clearly intends to deprive the owner of it by selling it on. So those bits of the definition would be satisfied.

The question is whether the appropriation is dishonest. Frankly, its impossible to say on the info available. The tenant may have left it specifically to cover the rent. The problem the police have is that if something has apparently been abandoned, dishonesty is hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Anyway - its definitely fake. No original Precisions have the "original contour body" logo on the headstock. Something fakers always seem to get wrong.