Why become a member? ×

How did you discover Basschat

kevbass

hmm, i think it was a google search for some kind of bass, and bassworld came up, must have been like the last week before it shut down, i signed up to bassworld, posted like 3 times, n then was told to move!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='185069' date='Apr 25 2008, 09:18 AM']I joined a band on bass but couldn't play it - I had 3 weeks and 20 odd songs to learn before the first gig. I was searching frantically on the internet for advice and stumbled upon Bassworld. I haven't done a full day's work since and still can't play the bass.[/quote]

pretty much the same here, think i found talkbass first but didnt like it much over there and then stumbled on bassworld. i was joining a band and needed some help brushing up on my dusty memories of playing had to learn a load of songs and try and find a bass and amp. Though i didnt buy one for ages this place eased my gas (didnt know what that was then) but caused much moral torment :)
i lurk, i go away, i come back, i sometimes join in, i sometimes say too much. But such a nice bunch dont seem to mind. :huh:

For me it was a Google search back in 2005 when I was looking to take up bass again after a 20 year hiatus. I came across Bassworld, registered and bought my Cort A4. Then my son was born early, I've had to work away from home most weeks and I've hardly had a chance to play the bloody thing :)

Not playing much doesn't stop the GAS though ... :huh:

I joined Talkbass and constantly ranting on there about how american then are and they get cheeper stuff and I made a post about wheres the best place to find UK 2nd hand bass's, I got the link for Basschat and I havent looked back..

..well maybe occasionally but marogity of my time I spend on here.