Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What happens when 2 female bass chatters meet for a coffee......

SpaceChick

Sounds like an excellent adventure! :D

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1340627574' post='1707194']
Too true - as an aside we had a do for my daughter's 21st on Saturday and the only 2 non-drinkers( my elderly uncle and not so elderly mother-in-law) had a massive barny about gay marriage! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You shouldn't marry your elderly uncle!

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1340626841' post='1707169']
That has to be one of the funniest statements I've heard in a long time. Brilliant and made my day girls. Thanks :lol: :tatice_03:
Dave
[/quote]
I'm still laughing about it Dave. My team in work were suitably amazed at my day out. More of the same sounds about right. This is what weekends are for!

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1340629726' post='1707246']
xgsjx .... you can recreate this adventure very soon! All you need is a mate and a free afternoon. Brit Floyd are heading to Scotland ... B)
[/quote]

I'd love to, but a wedding & a full re renovation of the house (coupled with the Mrs starting her own business) means no money or time. :(

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1340630008' post='1707255']
I'm still laughing about it Dave. My team in work were suitably amazed at my day out. More of the same sounds about right. This is what weekends are for!
[/quote]

Too right. Its been a while since I've done that. I did take a last minute trip to see Floyd at Earls Court back in early 80's and that was great sleeping in Hyde Park and then Euston station. Nowadays its more about sneaking a quiet romantic weekend with my wife when i get the time. :secret:
Still its an age thing and everything else just seems to take priority over having some unexpected, all-round good fun so keep doing it while you can. Its what makes fond memories when you get older. :lol:

Thanks for cheering me up though on this dull Monday morning full of unexpected meetings and con-calls. PS does that count as an unexpected adventures ? :D :lol: :rolleyes:

Dave

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1340623118' post='1707044']
Introducing Debs to Marcus Miller was another high spot.
[/quote]

Bloody hell, was he in the car as well?

Sounds like a great day was had - wish I could be that spontaneous!

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1340645595' post='1707533']
Rhys ...just say "yes", it's that easy!
[/quote]

I've got myself into far too much trouble in the past by just saying "Yes"......6 months of meticulous planning before doing anything these days means life isn't so exciting but it's a lot safer. :)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1340644415' post='1707504']
They are in the concert hall in Perth on Friday ;) go on, treat yourself, you know you want to :P
[/quote]

I'll talk nice to the wife & see what happens. She'll probably say "Don't leave me now". :yarr:

Here are two pics I took of a young gentleman and two of his basses. Quite boring pics but hopefully they do something to suggest attendance, I have my ticket if you'd like to see that? I didn't take any pics of anything other than this individual. Someone mentioned that there was a band playing? Must have missed them but there was a bassist who played and sung Floyd tracks for a few hours ;)

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/debhowell/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/458584_10150175716719955_1261942414_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h79/debhowell/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/177033_10150175755424955_1567467227_o.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1340628648' post='1707220']
Sounds like an excellent adventure! :D

You shouldn't marry your elderly uncle!
[/quote]

I think it was a comment along these lines that started the commotion!! :o Or rather, " Next you'll have brothers and sisters getting married" He was in the Navy you know...

More bonkers adventures I say!!

Perth is such a nice City.Used to play in a pub called The Mallard- it was well lively.