Why become a member? ×

Marketing Ploys ... Do you fall for them?

BassPimp66

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1340795424' post='1709634']... "We believe that dunking our basses in sulphuric acid for 3 months really improves the tone"...[/quote]
Careful, we don't want to encourage any more 'relicing' than we already have. :(
[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1340795424' post='1709634']...so here's a half naked lady...[/quote]
Well, obviously, if they're not willing to go the whole hog. Now, completely naked could be another story... :unsure:

[quote]Buy BC crap and support the site
[/quote]
[attachment=111570:Bass_Chat_Polo.jpg]

Somewhat deprecative; not sure if it's the most pungent way to drum up support (...but what would I know, I'm a drummer...). Under-selling..? Does it work..?

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1340798615' post='1709702']
[attachment=111570:Bass_Chat_Polo.jpg]

Somewhat deprecative; not sure if it's the most pungent way to drum up support (...but what would I know, I'm a drummer...). Under-selling..? Does it work..?
[/quote]

ask Mr Ratner :shok:

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1340459694' post='1704740']
[b]But does world class marketing make for world class products?[/b]

I'd be more impressed by endorsees if they didn't get any perks and spend their own money buying the product they're endorsing. After all, we all the endorse the stuff we buy, don't we? Pay people enough and they'll say anything - ads are full of examples and it all means diddly-squat really.
[/quote]
In Warwick's case, absolutely.

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1340840548' post='1710522']
Also my friend was looking into buying a new flute for uni the other day - why do the more expensive metals like silver give 'the best' sound, eh? :huh:
[/quote]

Might be more the best sounding metals are more expensive.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1340841560' post='1710526']
Might be more the best sounding metals are more expensive.
[/quote]

Probably. :) There seemed to be an obsession across most of the brands with silver sounding amazing though, but at no point was it explained why! I mean, they look prettier, sure :happy:

Flute metals: silver definitively sounds better than cheap metal.
However, gold does not sound better than silver in many people's ears, including mine.
Gold flutes (not 100% mind ya) lack overtones and have a "round" and dull sound. SIlver sounds more characterful and "rounded rectangular".
Silver's good tonemetal. :-)

Hmmm. I bought a planet waves instrument cable....
Read it after I bought it, has 'oxygen free copper' . . .
I'm not pissed. It was what they had in stock, and it wasn't insanely dear (10' for about 12 Euro) and does have good connectors.

I look at others reviews, and the featureset, as well as warranty details. Returns options are also cool (Barefaced Bass!).