Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky 5 string bass. Stolen!

Bass Wielder

Gentlemen,
My car was stolen in Hampstead and all my gear including my beloved Sadowsky 5 string bass was in the car.
I hvae been mourning for a few years now and by coincidence did a gig with a guitar player who had a similar incident.
He had a positive result years later as someone spotted his stolen guitar and he got it back (after proving it was his etc...). It led me to believe that it is possible to see my bass again.......
Here then is a couple of photos and a brief description. (some parts had been changed after this photo so I'll list some...)
If you have seen it, or been offered I will be grateful and even offer a small reward towards getting it back. (even if you have a small suspicion, please get in touch.)
Regards
Michael
[email protected]
Sadowsky modern 5 string, 24 frets
Honeyburst maple

Edited by mcruiz67

I have seen this bass or something very close to it but can't recall where.
It may have been on the Sadowsky website of course..!! ..but..?? :rolleyes:

It is very distinctive but maybe he built a few along these lines.

Best of luck with your search though.

Can't help unfortunately. But I have a few of my instruments microchipped. Yes, in an identical way to pets. That way if (god forbid) I have anything stolen I'll at least be able to remove all doubt that its mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

good luck with the search, i'll keep my eyes out for it, i'm on a similar mission to find a friends old yamaha acoustic, it got left in the carpark behind leeds corn exchange by a band member 5 years ago, every yamaha i see for sale gets checked to see if it's the one. ypou'vre got a better chance as the bass is far rarer.

Kiwi, any chance of some more info on how you got your bass chipped? i'd love to do this for some of my more valuble instruments. feel free to send info by pm if you don't want to broadcast how it was done (thereby possibly telling people how to undo it) sounds like an ace way to prove ownership.

Matt

Good luck with the search. It does happen.

One of my guitarists lost his silverburst V years back. Distinctive. Yes, but more so bebause the back of the neck had an impression of his hand from the night he was stood too close to a flashpot. :o

That turned up a few years back and was recognised because of that blemish