Why become a member? ×

*please remove*

B-string

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1338149429' post='1670166']I totally read this thread as "As a finishing touch... God created the... B-String" :D
[/quote]
Same here - kinda like that idea.
Welcome on here B-string, BC is an awefully nice place.

Hoi Niels,

Welkom op BC, jochie! Ik denk dat je het als Nederlander hier wel leuk zult vinden. Heel vriendelijke lui, en enorme hoop humor.
Mooi rijtje bassen, ja. Heb je er plaatjes van?
Je engels gaat trouwens heel goed - geen zorgen.
Trouwens, als God inderdaad perfect is, dan is 'tie door Nederlanders gemaakt.

Veel plezier hier!
Bert (een Brabantse Noord-Hollander)

(I just told Niels who the really silly one on BC is, that's all. No reason to translate.)

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1338164678' post='1670386']
He also created the... G-String... The Thong Remainth The Thame.
[/quote]

I was going to say that the B string is God's gift to Bassist - but I guess we need to add the G string to that. And possibly the E, A and D strings that happen to be in between? :D :P

One of my most favourite places in the world is Holland; second - possibly - to Belgium. I'll never forget the education I was given - for free - by a bar owner is Maastricht. his opening line was "So........... English.......... all our beer is lager? Isn't it?". And then sank 3 bottles of 12% beer in less than five minutes - and expected me to match him........ I couldn't!
And don't even start me on the volleyball competition they held in Ypres (it's Flemish so it counts) I was surrounded by 6ft+ stunning, blond women .......... all in bathing suits!

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1338207781' post='1670759']
Goeiesmiddags!

Tullepetaonestad? Nie te glaove! Ek kom van't Stijlorenrijk. Nie da'k 't vier, wor.
(sorry, rather untranslatable)
[/quote]

Maybe but In this country we have google translate !!!!!! ........ Thus ........

[i][b]Good afternoon! Tullepetaon City? Ducing glaove! Ek bowl van't Ears Style Empire. Nie da'k 't four, are.[/b][/i]

So There , we can now understand perfectly ,

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1338575221' post='1676753']
You take that back RIGHT NOW.
[/quote]

Ok I'll ..... Take it back to Tullepetaon City [b][i],[/i][/b] where the grass is green and the girls are pretty , Hmmmm
or
[b][i]Neem het terug naar Tullepetaon City, waar het gras groen is en de meisjes zijn vrij[/i][/b]

Inspirational telling off , I think I might write a tune to that !

Ed to change something

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1338580743' post='1676869']Ok I'll ..... Take it back to Tullepetaon City[/quote]

Sir Lurksalot,

You're quite the knightly gentleman, taking this back on my behalf whilst only having provided a poetry inspiring translation.

Mea maxima culpa, of course.
If you please, allow me to take it back myself ... to Roosendaal, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

Bert, you are most kind, and of course equally welcome ,

It would appear that there are many places where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, I like these places.

Ed for cheese on toast fingers

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1338588001' post='1677054']It would appear that there are many places where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, I like these places.[/quote]

Hehe, yes I like those places too. [b]These[/b] two, however, are one and the same. Roosendaal, where B-string lives, is called "Tullepetaonestad" during the Carnival before Ash Wednesday. (BTW, "Stijlorenrijk" is where I'm from, some 10 miles from B-string's place.)

Ah , this helps , I was aware of Roosendal and Stijlorenrijk , Brabantse the area that they are in ? but is it a flower based festival ?
It is a bit of a distance to Norway though.
You speak distance in miles , is that as a translation thing , or is that your measure of choice ?

Noord-Brabant is the official province, whilst this area within it is called West-Brabant. I used the local dialect to welcome him, whilst referring to the Carnival - and its names for his and my community.

The festival is not flower based, as it is held in February or March, but some flowers may find their way to the decorations.

"Miles" is my attempt to make it easier for the few readers that might be from the UK. I now realise that I've overlooked the vast majority from Holland and Norway though, and realise I should've used "km" and [b]no[/b] [b]calculator[/b]. ;)

[quote name='B-string' timestamp='1338148664' post='1670153']
- Warwick Fortress One 5
[/quote]

Wow!!! Nice!!! Welcome!

Maybe I will find one for myself. The best looking Warwick ever made!

Edited by pahaeno