Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compact/Midget Versus Super12

Jack

i have a midget t and compact "stack". Assume excellent sound, which other cabs have. But it's modularity, flexibility, portability that sold it for me. It's just easy to find the right cab solution for most situations. I dont have nor have I tried a super 12t but if the midget t on steroids description is accurate then that wouldn't quite do it for me - it's an angry wee bastard the midget t and I like it when it combines with the compact.

Edited by RichF

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1342442096' post='1734919']
Ha! No... I was using the TC RH450 with the Compact which, in retrospect, was a head I hated.
[/quote]

Ah! So it wasn't you who said "[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Used the [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]RH450[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] at a rehearsal tonight with a single HS210. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Normally I'd take the Scout... [/font][/color][/i][i]HOLY SMOKE! It was great. Best rehearsal tone I've ever had. Fat, even, punchy.. all the usual cliches... and best of all, lots of punch on the low E below the 5th[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]." then? [/font][/color] ;) :D

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1342716413' post='1739930']
I'm still loving the TC amps...2-3 years down the line. But its a matter of taste I think....you like them or you don't.
[/quote]

That'd be like everything else then :lol:

Rehearsed with a Midget T in a sizeable empty warehouse with no gain from any walls and guitards with 4x12 blackstar rigs turned up to 10. The Midget was loud, clear, deep and filled the room with whatever noise I wanted. Just tweak up the bass knob on the guitar a bit is all it needed.

Just bit the bullet and ordered a S12 silverface. Haven't gone for a tweeter as I turn the top end down a fair bit both on bass and amp, so Alex advised that it didn't sound like I'd need one.

Now the agonising wait...