Why become a member? ×

Traded

warwickhunt

Trade only, not for sale at this point.

If I A/B this Spector and my Warwick Streamer Stage I, I prefer my Streamer :unsure: so this may as well go as it isn't going to get used over the SSI

...that's probably the worst opening trade pitch EVER but it is just my opinion and there are plenty folks who would prefer the Spector to Warwick. :D

Manufactured in 1989
Quilted maple wings (the photo probably pops the quilt a bit more than in the flesh)
Maple thru-neck
Rosewood fingerboard
EMG pups
The back of the bass is the same burst colour as the front with a black finished neck rear.
Complete with original Spector case
Straplocks included

General condition is generally good though it has a few dings around the bottom edge, though these are pretty difficult to photograph. The EMG pups and electronics work absolutely fine and the pots are lovely and smooth with no scratchiness. Truss rod is working 100% as I've just fettled it a bit and lowered the action.

This bass used to belong to Funkyhobbit off BC (though I didn't buy it direct from him) so he may be able to help me out if you have any questions (e.g. what the preamp is etc. which is all original obviously)

Trade - I'm not really sure what I want to be honest! I'd not refuse any style of bass BUT I'm only interested in 4 strings and I'd need to have an accurate weight for your bass and anything much more than 9lb is a definite no. I don't mind adding a bit of cash to a deal but equally I'd take a cheaper bass with cash my way.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1337093826' post='1655314']
Preamp info....

[url="http://www.sfcj.net/en/e_data_Preamps.html"]http://www.sfcj.net/...ta_Preamps.html[/url]
[/quote]

Cheers for that. ;)

It is basically the same as the 88 circuit which tallies with this being an 89 instrument (serial number confirms this).

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1337108837' post='1655703']
This is stunning, Mark has a video on YouTube of him doing some recording with this bass, it sounds fantastic!! Slaptastic- bump for a very special bass :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on that Lee, it is indeed this very bass. ;)

Here's the link and if you are wondering... it has a ramp fitted between the two pups (which I don't have but wonder if Mark still does).

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UZM_61V0c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4UZM_61V0c[/url]

TBH Col I wouldn't! I'm not trying to be ar5ey about it but if I put a price on and I make it realistic it's likely that others may well come along and value their basses in cloud cuckoo land (this isn't directed at you but I've been offered a used bass that's absolute maximum price 'NEW' is about the expectation of what I'd say a used USA Spector is... a fair swap?). It's up to the individual to decide what their bass is worth in relation to what they feel my bass is worth; if someone contacts me and gives me their offer then I'll look at what I feel their/my bass is worth and decide if it is realistic.

I would say that if anyone where interested then it'd be worth looking at what Euro Spectors have sold for or have been valued at and then adjust upwards for the fact that this is the full blown USA version. A new Sadowsky Metro may be £1800 new and £1200 used but it doesn't equate to a £3000 USA Spector being worth £2000 used. However, there has to be a happy medium somewhere. ;)

Saying all of that I love your P bass! :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1337120336' post='1655965']
TBH Col I wouldn't! I'm not trying to be ar5ey about it but if I put a price on and I make it realistic it's likely that others may well come along and value their basses in cloud cuckoo land (this isn't directed at you but I've been offered a used bass that's absolute maximum price 'NEW' is about the expectation of what I'd say a used USA Spector is... a fair swap?). It's up to the individual to decide what their bass is worth in relation to what they feel my bass is worth; if someone contacts me and gives me their offer then I'll look at what I feel their/my bass is worth and decide if it is realistic.

I would say that if anyone where interested then it'd be worth looking at what Euro Spectors have sold for or have been valued at and then adjust upwards for the fact that this is the full blown USA version. A new Sadowsky Metro may be £1800 new and £1200 used but it doesn't equate to a £3000 USA Spector being worth £2000 used. However, there has to be a happy medium somewhere. ;)

Saying all of that I love your P bass! :D
[/quote]
well put.

Hi, I've got a custom shop SS1 and although I've also got a Spector Euro 5LX, I've never played an NS2 PJ (the 5LX has twin humbuckers rather than PJ pups). As you have both an SS1 and an NS2 PJ how would you compare them? I find the SS1 tone to be mellower and considerably less aggresive than the 5LX but assume that a lot of this is due to the combination of EMG DC pickups and TonePump pre-amp in the Spector. Also how do the necks compare? I find the SS1 to be quite narrow but reassuringly thick.

Cheers

Andy.