Why become a member? ×

NEW AMP DAY

dan670844

[quote name='phatbass787' timestamp='1336601153' post='1648410']
It's a custom shop one of these by the look of it - http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=valve&ID=267
[/quote]

Its a prototype CTM voiced like a little bastard, It kills an SVT stone dead, and ive had a few SVT's!!

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1336600832' post='1648404']
Congratulations on the new arrival :gas: .

My new Ashdown amp arrived yesterday and I'm also very happy with mine - big thumbs from me too :D
[/quote]

Wadda get? only Ashdown now for me, got rid of everything else I got ancient ABM, Mibass, UK LB, and now this, cabs I got a LB212 CL610 and Im after a mibass 12 cab when they are about. 99 % of the time I use my LB30 just love that amp, gonna be buried with it.
This CTM is over kill for me a LB200 is probably all I need,
(if they existed) but you gotta just do it and these have a valve driven transformerated di like the lb's and the plugs on the front, hell yes!

Loud it is!

I just got my first amp and it's a MAG 300 EVO II combo - love the sound, certainly loud enough for my audience which is made up of my two dogs.

I did take a while to decide which amp to get but I'm glad I didn't jump and get the first one I considered (it was a GK MB112) as the Ashdown sound is far more in keeping with the type of music I listen to.

I posted on another thread that I didn't get the amp I was expecting when I ordered this one from Thomann, but it's all good :) .

Hope you remain as delighted as you currently are!

Deb

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1336776841' post='1651082']
I just got my first amp and it's a MAG 300 EVO II combo - love the sound, certainly loud enough for my audience which is made up of my two dogs.

I did take a while to decide which amp to get but I'm glad I didn't jump and get the first one I considered (it was a GK MB112) as the Ashdown sound is far more in keeping with the type of music I listen to.

I posted on another thread that I didn't get the amp I was expecting when I ordered this one from Thomann, but it's all good :) .

Hope you remain as delighted as you currently are!

Deb
[/quote]

Mags are nice amps esp with jazzes and precisions nice tone!

[quote name='dan670844' timestamp='1336814333' post='1651355']
Mags are nice amps esp with jazzes and precisions nice tone!
[/quote]

Cheers Dan

I'm really happy with my first bass and amp (have a Fender Highway One Jazz) so I now just need keep up the practice and get going :)

[quote name='dan670844' timestamp='1336768344' post='1650930']and Im after a mibass 12 cab when they are about.
[/quote]

Any news on when these will actually appear yet?
You know if anyone has tried one too?...

Eude

Would love to hear the CTM Dan. I bought an Ashdown 220 Touring last week and my Overwater has never sounded better. The tube pre-amp just gives it a lovely warm grinding sound if I push it. Even my cheapo Dean Hillsboro sounds good through it and I've never liked the sound of that one! Might get an EMG MMTW pickup put in it now to give the sounds more depth (it's lacking vs. my Overwater). I tried the Ashdown MAG300 and EB 180 too and liked the tone but preferred the Touring series. It sounds a bit more classic rock to me which I like.

My "I'm-going-to-make-it-big-so-can-splash-out" amp will definitely be an all-valve Ashdown I think.

It's funny Deb but I was almost ready to order a GK MB112 as well but I'd never heard one so went to try the Ashdown's instead. Glad I did!

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1336862612' post='1652170']

It's funny Deb but I was almost ready to order a GK MB112 as well but I'd never heard one so went to try the Ashdown's instead. Glad I did!
[/quote]

Faultless thinking there - "great minds ..." and all that :happy:

Deb.

Well if there is a south east bash soon i will bring it, it really needs to be tried!
It does amazing hifi clean modern sounds, but with tube warmth, also old school is there if you want it, it even slaps pretty good not that i am a slapper! has a great top end, push a button and its an svt killer, push another button and it has a higher gain structure for your rock thing, it cuts through guitars like butter. The passive tone stack is amazing, very versatile and the power amp is very dynamic. The amp is also very easy to look after, you dont need matched sets of tubes as each tube is individually biasable,So simple to bias you can do it on the stage without opening her up.
Its amazingly well built and built to last and loud it isnt the word! They have very wide bandwidth output transformer so have ultra deep low if you want them. They are big, but not that heavy, no where near as the last svt I had it was a back breaker.

This amp will cause a stirr, just wait to see whos gonna endorse this amp!

And people still nail Ashdown, why? Look who is using their stuff now, JJ Burnell, Mark King (has) Norman Watt Roy etcetc and all these artists pay for their gear, they dont get it free, or get paid to stand in front of it !!!!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dan670844' timestamp='1336596952' post='1648306']
Amazing amplifier, wonderful clean tones, eq amazing, beautifully handmade, extremely powerful, its Number 3, cant wait to put it to work this summer!
[/quote]

How've you been getting on with this? I keep looking at the red custom one they did and im fighting hard not to sell all my gear and just order one, love the LB 30 so I am pretty sure I will love one of these even more... Damn you Ashdown ;-)