Why become a member? ×

Shuker Thru neck 5 string

Veils

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='355159' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:25 PM']the queue starts behind me CK :) :huh:[/quote]
Jon dropped me an email last night to say he's finally managed to finish the finishing. He says the bass looks gorgeous. It doesn't sound like he's put it together yet though, I will try to drop by on Friday and see it in the flesh. I'm hoping I can pick it up but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='355694' date='Dec 16 2008, 10:17 AM']Jon dropped me an email last night to say he's finally managed to finish the finishing. He says the bass looks gorgeous. It doesn't sound like he's put it together yet though, I will try to drop by on Friday and see it in the flesh. I'm hoping I can pick it up but I'm not holding my breath.[/quote]

If you drop by can you have a look out for mine? it should be black and a funny shape!!! it's getting darkstars and a light sensitive noise thing in it.

i just want to know what it looks like!

[quote name='Ant' post='355918' date='Dec 16 2008, 01:27 PM']If you drop by can you have a look out for mine? it should be black and a funny shape!!! it's getting darkstars and a light sensitive noise thing in it.

i just want to know what it looks like![/quote]
Jon generally doesn't encourage people to take photos of other basses under construction so I'm only going to be able to give you a verbal description I'm afraid. :)

He was answering his mobile this morning so it might be worth giving him a call perhaps?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='355980' date='Dec 16 2008, 02:07 PM']Jon generally doesn't encourage people to take photos of other basses under construction so I'm only going to be able to give you a verbal description I'm afraid. :)

He was answering his mobile this morning so it might be worth giving him a call perhaps?[/quote]

Have been planning to give him a call - but if you do happen to notice a nearly completed single cut, ebony top, and birsdeye maple board, I would be interested in a verbal update!

[quote name='TG Flatline' post='355095' date='Dec 15 2008, 03:03 PM']Saw this in the flesh yesterday, it looks the absolute balls!!! The top wood is sexy as hell and the headstock logo is mint.

I bet you can't wait to get your hands on it!!![/quote]

Ooooooohhh I'm all excited! How close to being done was it? Like any hardware on it? I don't want to keep harassing Jon :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='355980' date='Dec 16 2008, 02:07 PM']Jon generally doesn't encourage people to take photos of other basses under construction so I'm only going to be able to give you a verbal description I'm afraid. :)

He was answering his mobile this morning so it might be worth giving him a call perhaps?[/quote]

verbal is fine with me!!

i would love to ring him, but im a crap student with no home phone and no mobile credit! im cut off from the world except on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right I have an email from Jon this morning. It says that the bass just needs the hardware adding and we are finished. I am hoping that this can be done for the weekend when I am in the area, but soon as it is done I will have pics up here and hopefully some sound clips of me pretending I can play it ;)

[quote name='Ant' post='381050' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:16 AM']arrrrrrgh, all these shukers - all ive seen of mine is the unpainted body shape months ago[/quote]

Heh.. same here matey! I am hoping to see some pictures of mine soon though, I had a mail from Jon last month to expect some images.

It's well worth it. His basses are absolutely brilliant. I was offered endorsements through Warwick and Spector with 50% discounts and to me, it still made more sense to get Jon to build mine. There is the luxury of having the time to wait to save the cash and not to mention the fact that the bass is built totally to your spec. When you add to that the fact that his work is second to nothing that I personally have comapred it to, it's a no brainer.

Also Jon is an absolutely top bloke and totally helpful and isn't afraid to take on a challenge. For instance he informed me that he had never done an LED backlit headstock before, but was more than happy to do it on mine.

Seriously, if you are thinking about going with Jon, either go to his workshop or contact someone in your area to arrange to have a play. It's well worth your time ;)

[quote name='Veils' post='382063' date='Jan 16 2009, 09:29 AM']It's well worth it. His basses are absolutely brilliant. I was offered endorsements through Warwick and Spector with 50% discounts and to me, it still made more sense to get Jon to build mine. There is the luxury of having the time to wait to save the cash and not to mention the fact that the bass is built totally to your spec. When you add to that the fact that his work is second to nothing that I personally have comapred it to, it's a no brainer.

Also Jon is an absolutely top bloke and totally helpful and isn't afraid to take on a challenge. For instance he informed me that he had never done an LED backlit headstock before, but was more than happy to do it on mine.

Seriously, if you are thinking about going with Jon, either go to his workshop or contact someone in your area to arrange to have a play. It's well worth your time ;)[/quote]

Likewise, + one billion million trillion gazzillion bajillion....... very proud endorser!!

I can honestly say that I have never really felt the need to big any manufacturers up and I have used Warwick, Spector, Status, Sandberg, Peavey, Musicman, Gibson and Fender in either live or studio situation. A possible exception is Sandberg - but I am not prepared to do that due to a feud with Synergy Distribution. I don't think Jon particularly needs me to do it for him as he seems to have a strong reputation and I have heard pretty much nothing negative about his work.

However when I very first sat in Jon's workshop and had a play on some of his stock I was sold straight away. His basses are incredible, the options are so broad, he is such a nice guy and his prices are [b]very[/b] competitive. I am so proud to be involved with what he does and I would strongly urge anyone who is thinking about splashing out on something nice to go to Jon. There is good competition out there and I really like the look of what Alan at AC is doing - in fact I have spoken with him and do intend to own one of his basses at some point.

High fives for Jon.