Why become a member? ×

Veillette Archtop Fretless 5 string bass - WITHDRAWN

franzbassist

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I have seen a bass I have wanted for many years at a very good price, and as my 1970 fretless Precision is getting all my playing time at the moment this is the obvious bass to sell to fund the new bass.

This bass was made for me and delivered December 2009, the spec is:[list]
[*]Semi-hollow poplar "Archtop" body with a spruce top and black binding finished in light amber
[*]Maple 34" neck with unlined ebony fingerboard
[*]Ebony saddle (19mm string spacing) and bridge
[*]Citron Humbucker and D-Tar piezo pickup with D-Tar Eclipse preamp (volume, bass, treble, blend, with variable gain between mag and piezo)
[*]La Bella black nylon strings (spare set included)
[*]Gotoh Res-o-lite tuners
[*]Dunlop Straplocks
[/list]
The bass plays beautifully, the action is very low, and the neck profile is flat and fast. It balances perfectly and weighs 8.5 lbs. The combination of piezo and magnetic works really well, and the range of tones is huge.

Condition is perfect save for a slight pin sized dent in the side and a small finish repair (about 5mm long) where the gloss finish on the under side of the neck came away and needed touching up.

Here's a video review I shot a while back. Audio isn't great but what the hell....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yDD_5erxs[/media]

I'm asking a firm [b]£2000 collected [/b]from NE Hampshire or London (WC1). If you need it posted we'll have to talk.

If the other bass I'm after sells in the meantime then I will withdraw this bass.

Cheers

Gareh

Edited by walbassist

• 1 month later...

Philw has a 4 string Veillette which I played a while back - very slick and well made - one of the nicest necks of any bass I've played..Joe (Veillette) really knows what he's doing.

I've a feeling this will take some time to sell - not because it isn't a good bass - but because not too many people would have tried one.

Best of luck with the sale...

• Thanks 1

Ok, two things.....

1. Gareth is a great Guy to deal with period.

2. Joe Veillette's basses are quite, quite exquisite.

I have one which is a very similar spec' to this one and it's just a joy to play.

Oh, and if you were to order one now, you'd be looking at a fair old wait and stumping up [u]considerably[/u] more than what Gareth's asking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...