Why become a member? ×

Jim Marshall

thepurpleblob

Lovely bloke, met him years ago when I was a young rocker, back then we used to have a Marshall poster in our rehearsal room signed by Jim :)
And I still to this day think the Marshall 412 bass cab I had was the best I've ever owned. He's a Legend .. RIP x

Sort of sad but 88's not bad going. I too met him at a show and was impressed to meet a legend.

What did we bass players think of marshalls?

We're not big users today? (family fortunes question - we asked a hundred bass players what amp they used. Bet Marshalll not in top 5.) Still some bass players must use them as their signature sound... Can only think of Chris Squire at the mo'.

Any more for any more?

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1333734870' post='1605936']
What did we bass players think of marshalls?

We're not big users today? (family fortunes question - we asked a hundred bass players what amp they used. Bet Marshalll not in top 5.)[/quote]

Not sure this is the right thread for this, though there are three on the go. Maybe start a separate thread on the question?

I was not happy with the BBC's "tribute" to Jim Marshall on the [i]Today[/i] programme. They interviewed a bloke who not only had never met him, but whose only experience of Marshall amplification was standing on stage next to other people who were using it.

Edited by musophilr