Why become a member? ×

Best fuzz pedal with a blend?

I'm looking for a smooth fuzz sound that can be blended with clean sound in one pedal. A knob to control the wet/dry mix is essential. Any recommendations?

Should also ad that I'm aware of the bass big muff... no wet/dry.

Ideally I want gain, tone, blend, volume.

Edited by 1970

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1333205157' post='1598724']
I'm not sure I'd refer to it as smooth but the Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie B has a wet blend function that I find really useful. :)
[/quote]

This! The 'shape' knob on the pickle-pie is v versatile and can get you smooth or very nasty...

You can easily mod the Bass Muff to give you more control of the wet/dry blend if that's the sound you want - it sure is smooth, and also rather cheap. The new MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe may be worth a look also, it's a Tonebender type fuzz with separate wet/dry volume controls.

Thanks, lots of good suggestions! from a brief bit of research i think my top ones are pickle pie, mxr fuzz deluxe, and depth charge.

I love the sound of my setup now, which is a black big muff through a Tym Big Bottom (a great bass loop filter thing), but I just want something simpler and smaller.

The Tym Big Bottom is fantastic - it splits the signal so that the low frequencies go straight through to the amp clean, while the mid/high frequancies go into an effect loop where you can put any pedal. So I get clean low end and fuzzy high end - amazing.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1333354558' post='1600284'] if it's smooth you want, the Blowtorch is ideal, with three band eq. [/quote]

I wouldnt call the Blowtorch smooth at all. Its a very buzzy, synthy fuzz.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1333358525' post='1600369']The new MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe may be worth a look also, it's a Tonebender type fuzz with separate wet/dry volume controls. [/quote]

Id go for this one too. Ive had a Tonebender clone before and it had that big, smooth sound that you're after. Ive not tried the MXR but it looks ideal.

[quote name='deej' timestamp='1333370397' post='1600636']
I wouldnt call the Blowtorch smooth at all. Its a very buzzy, synthy fuzz.
[/quote]
it is synthy, but not really buzzy to my ears, except with a gut load of treble. get's lost awfully quickly in a mix with distorted guitars too.

on it's own it can be pleasant enough (blended)..