Why become a member? ×

New Fenders on the way???

bigsmokebass

Guitarguitar have dropped the price of US Standard Strats/Teles to £799. Clearly an attempt to shift stock to make room for new stuff. It appears that all stores with a Fender dealership will have similar instructions (as Fender want all dealers to only stock the higher priced 2012 stock) so hopefully some room to haggle with the lesser discounted basses and we can possibly get some 'bargains'! :D

Edited by skej21

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1332436329' post='1588406']
Anybody got a pic of the new Jade Pearl Metallic finish? I'm thinking British Racing Green. Would look great with a black plate and maple neck methinks.
[/quote]

Even the Fender site has blank for the bass versions of this colour.

Edited by merello

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1332420822' post='1588017']
Holy c**p, £1,400 from a Fender US Standard bass? That's only £100 less than what I paid for my Status.[/quote]
As far as i can see they are not £1400 but top price on the link posted on here is £1121. Not cheap but not as much as some people are saying.

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1332420822' post='1588017']
However, given that you can pick up a Classic Vibe Squier for 25% of that price, what tangible benefit do you get for paying so much more?
[/quote]

Well for one thing you aren't forced to buy a bass in a horrid colour, i really hate the colours the CVP's come in.

They do sound different though. I had some MIA Jazz basses a while ago and they sounded a lot better to my ears than my CV Jazz.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1332436329' post='1588406']
Anybody got a pic of the new Jade Pearl Metallic finish? I'm thinking British Racing Green. Would look great with a black plate and maple neck methinks.
[/quote]
Viva Colours?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/kjon51/viva-colours.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1332496873' post='1589035']
The Fender Precision is the perfect bass for me and my needs.

At those prices my next one will have Shuker written on the headstock. :)
[/quote]

My current P has Sponge Bob on the headstock, waaaaay cooler :P

Nah, its this one :-)

When i got my CVP (with Lakland neck, no logo on it) out at the gig last weekend someone pointed out the SB sticker on the headstock. Im not 100% sure who it was that put it there but i have an idea.....

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1332496873' post='1589035']
The Fender Precision is the perfect bass for me and my needs.

At those prices my next one will have Shuker written on the headstock. :)
[/quote]

Well said that man :)
I am sure the new fenderish AGC's will be an option for many as well.
Come on guys buy British , you know you want to.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1332498366' post='1589070']
Nah, its this one :-)

When i got my CVP (with Lakland neck, no logo on it) out at the gig last weekend someone pointed out the SB sticker on the headstock. Im not 100% sure who it was that put it there but i have an idea.....
[/quote]
Excellent :D

If Shuker had P basses ready in 3 months, with a normal spec, and with the Shuker hardcase for £1200, I'd have one. How much are they?!

The rough shop price of these new Fenders (2012-) is only about £50 more than the last price, so not as bad as I expected, but basically the new pup on the basses is a very strange 'upgrade'.

I think if you are ordering a custom build, the wait comes with it, plus you get something [i]exactly[/i] made to your spec.

How many say they have had to send theirs back due to fit and finish problems? How long did you have to wait for that infamous Ray?

At these prices, its got to be worth it!

Need to get my arse in gear and mail Jon :)

[quote name='Raggy' timestamp='1332506581' post='1589266']
I think if you are ordering a custom build, the wait comes with it, plus you get something [i]exactly[/i] made to your spec.

How many say they have had to send theirs back due to fit and finish problems? How long did you have to wait for that infamous Ray?

At these prices, its got to be worth it!

Need to get my arse in gear and mail Jon :)
[/quote]

Haha, the Ray...well, it was probably two months over 'normal' order time. Why you ask? The store didn't order it, even though I paid in full. I then chased it, and then eventually it was ordered. The one I got first was a bodge odd neck with odd body, the one I have now (which was the one I actually ordered) is perfect. I get what you mean though!

I'd love to see what Shuker can do P bass wise. Maybe a P Retro P bass, 4 string, surf green, rosewood, blocks and binding. Chrome hardware!

• 1 month later...

The 60's pups sound good on the 2012 Am. Std. Jazz. They did go up in price, $50.00. I really like the Jazz I bought.

[IMG]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/roadrex/post-14973-0-66083400-1337133027.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by gsgbass