Why become a member? ×

2001 Stingray *NOW SOLD*

4 candles

Howdy

I cannot beleive the number of stingrays for sale currently, they really are superb. Anyway my reasons for sale are these.

1. I have just brought another stingray and do not need 2 basses that are the same
2. the taxman requires me to pay him some money

Ernie ball 2001 stingray with 3 band eq, rosewood board, 6bolt neck currently sporting the natural look. nice and lightweight and plays and sounds just like a ray should. recently set up, fairly low action with elexirs strings too with plenty of zing and ping. superb fat punchy tones.

Why is it so cheap? THere are no issues with this bass other than the finish, as I describe below.

the bass was originally a solid colour but I decided that I were going to have it refinished in sunburst. I always wanted a sunburst ray but could never find one (apart from a new one) I had an aquaintence who works in a joinery shop remove the finish accordingly. I never got round to a refinish- with gigs on a weekly basis and this being my main axe of choice there was no convenient time. My joiner friend

the bass looks ok but on closer inspection it can be seen that the body section is constructed of 2 pieces of different wood with one side of the body being a darker grain than the other. I realise now that when ernie ball make these they probably are not so selective on the wood choices when the bass is a solid colour as opposed to a finish where you can see the wood. From the front there is no real issue, the worst affected area is the lower horn on the rear that is not generally visable.
if you can overlook this, then you will get a real bargain or if you have the time/inclin to get the bass refinished- the price reflects this.

[attachment=103084:stingray 001.JPG]

[attachment=103085:stingray 002.JPG]

£450 Collected from Birmingham or £475 posted anywhere in the UK- bass comes with MM hard case

Not looking for trades thanks (although i do fancy a road worn jazz!!)

Regards

Mark

Edited by 4 candles

• 1 month later...