Why become a member? ×

Gretsch G6072

Hutton

[quote name='BigRedX' post='174070' date='Apr 10 2008, 06:24 PM']That looks totally cool!

What do all the knobs and switches do?[/quote]

Thanks.

The two switches on the top horn are a pickup selector and a three-way tone. The knob on the bottom horn is a master volume.
The two knobs to the rear are for pickup volume. The switch behind them is a stand-by switch basically for switching the bass on and off.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Hutton' post='173981' date='Apr 10 2008, 03:36 PM']I have just acquired this rather nice Gretsch G6072.
[/quote]

That's beautiful!
I'm actually looking for one but it's like hen's teeth here in London. I hear it plays/sounds like the White Falcon bass which i tried in New York last week. If anyone knows of one for sale near London please let me know!!

Mr Randall.

I got one of those yesterday at long last courtesy of [url="http://www.davesguitar.com/"]http://www.davesguitar.com/[/url] .
It's a real beauty - never mind playing it, i can't stop looking at it!
I've got to say that i got the best service from Dave's Guitar. I ordered it on Tuesday and i was playing it last night (Thursday!) - not bad considering they're based in Wisconsin and i'm in London!
I know they've got a couple left......

Mr Randall.