Why become a member? ×

If Basses were cars

norvegicusbass

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1331391963' post='1572290']
Well, its not in the top 50 so I guess not a good bass. Rickenbacker maybe?? Both are ungly and unbalanced (Hides under the table from 4000) :lol:
[/quote]

Hey, I used to get mistaken for Henry Rollins you know (actually true, although going back 15 years)! :angry: :lol:

Ricks are the'57 Chevys of the bass world. :sun_bespectacled:

Edited by 4000

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1331400660' post='1572455']
This how I see my collection and those similar:

Most passive basses are your family saloon - solid and reliable..Active basses are like the Turbo-ed version of that..
[/quote]

...The universal sign of a small penis :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1331389709' post='1572225']
Well, the biggest selling car of all time is the Toyota Corolla. I imagine that the Fender Precision is the biggest selling bass in the world.
[/quote]

But Deming's portrait hangs at Toyota HQ. I doubt that the people that run Fender have even heard of him :scratch_one-s_head:.

From one end of the scale to the other...

Ken Smith - Rolls Royce
Warwick - Porsche 911
Fender - Ford Mondeo
Vintage - Yugo

I would rank Fender higher, but whilst being very functional and pleasing they can be a bit boring and predictable (feel free to sharpen your knives!)

In my own collection I funnily enough used the metaphor of cars to describe the differences to my brother who is a massive petrolhead.

My first bass was a Fenix Young Chang. Passive with one humbucker. I thought it was a Vectra. A to B. No frils. The Alembic is definitely a Porsche. The 8 string Explorer is probably an amoured personnel carrier or half track. The Hamer Chapparal is most definitely a Panzer tank. However, last (but by no means least) the Status Buzzard is quite simply - The Batmobile.