Why become a member? ×

FT : Zon Sonus Custom 5

ialma

With heavy heart I have to part ways with my Zon Sonus Custom 5.
Bass body is from the 90s, I decided to have a truss rod added so it also has a new fretboard now (neck and HS have a great satin finish), bridge and tuners (were chrome), pickups and electronics (originally had an old polyfusion, now it has a last generation Bartolini with pull/push mids control), directly replaced by Joe Zon in his factory in USA.
No need to mention, this bass is a tone monster and one of the most versatile I've ever played.
Sadly I need a decent fretless 5 and I MUST follow the "One In One Out" rule of thumb.
Thanks for your interest!

Edited by ialma

Ah well spotted. It was the "one in and one out" remark which threw me. People don't usually put that in a trade situation because it goes without saying that a trade is a "one in one out" situation by nature.

I was looking for a price because I'm fancying another Zon, not like many do, as a self-appointed forum "police" thing...

...but in fairness I had over-looked the "FT" even after scouring the ad for a price about 5 times.

Still ...it's a free bump.

Edited by GremlinAndy

• 2 weeks later...

What's the 'white' section between the neck-p/up and the end of the f/board?
I'm considering selling/trading my Kinal MK-5 FL (photos below) if of potential interest. Exceptional FL5, but I prefer my MK-5 with 2x pickups (the red one / not for sale): [color=#000000]Specifications are as follows: Model: MK5-B Fretless; body: goncaloalves; neck: maple & rosewood; fingerboard: ebony; nut: bone; machine heads: Gotoh; bridge: ABM; pick-ups: Bartolini XXMV5C; control configuration: Volume (pull for passive), Bass,Treble, Mid. Switches: mid-selector & SC/HB for pickup; Finish: Polyester Clear; 35" Scale[/color]

Edited by eubassix

Looking for a quality fretless 5, my first choice (a long shot I know) would be a Gary Willis GWB1 + cash.
I have also been asked for a straight sale, but have no idea howmuch this bass could be worth.
Any idea is more than welcome.
Thanks!

Edited by ialma

• 1 month later...

I had a Zon Sonus 4 string that traded hands a few times at a value of around £1300. I would expect yours would be worth about the same, maybe a little bit more if someone is willing to pay for the extra string.

Fantastic basses too.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1336430352' post='1645635']
I had a Zon Sonus 4 string that traded hands a few times at a value of around £1300. I would expect yours would be worth about the same, maybe a little bit more if someone is willing to pay for the extra string.

Fantastic basses too.
[/quote]

This is me who has bought this Zon Sonus 4 you are mentioning :) Hopefully it won't be changing owners in near future as I totally dig the bass. Ironically enough I've sold Ibanez Gary Willis GW1 to purchase this Zon, both are great basses!

Bump for a beautiful Zon, I haven't got other Ibanez GW1 unfortunately, I would have traded it for your beautiful Zon right away!

Bump for a beauty!

• 2 weeks later...