Why become a member? ×

Great Basses from the UK

girlonbass

You guys are awesome! :D

There's piles of good stuff here. Just going through the first few replies has given me a few hours work.

Some of the brands you mentioned are in the the DataBASS but don't have the country flag. Those are easy to fix and I've done a few already. There are lots of old format pages (they appear with a blue background) that need to be redone.

[url="http://www.bass-aholic.com/basses/S/status_graphite/status_graphite.htm"]Status (Graphite) [/url]is there, but didn't have a country code. That's fixed, but the page is old and ugly.

There is a search function in the website that you can use...

[center][url="http://www.bass-aholic.com/basses2.php?instr=All&country=All&searchfor=&recentOnly=true&orderBy=By+Date&show=What%27s%20New"][/url][/center]

Thanks to everyone for the their contributions. And especially to those that provided links.

Stay tuned. Let's see if we can get to 100!

thanks,
Terri

[quote name='girlonbass' timestamp='1331146387' post='1568523']
This company has some pretty nasty legal stuff on their page. I'm creating a page for them. but no links or visible photos.
[/quote]

Hugh Manson has built many basses and instruments for John Paul Jones and Zep over the years.
Knew him many years ago and found him to be a decent guy.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1331157458' post='1568774']
Is Jimmy Moon in Glasgow still going??
BC's Thornybank had a fantastic blue bass of his to sell a kidney for, it's the only one I've ever seen.
[/quote]

Yes, but I think a bass would be a special order. A mate of mine has a guitar and banjo built by him, superb instruments.

Steve

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1331159734' post='1568828']
Last I heard - a long time ago - he'd supposedly gone onto acoustic only instruments. Good to know he's still going anyway.
[/quote]

I heard that too but he will still do repairs and i believe will make a special but would cost.
At the end of the day he was a UK manufacturer / luthier so should be on the list.

He made some stunning basses too.

Also ACG

Point about luthiers not being on the list is an odd one as companies like WAL, Shergold etc started of as luthiers so where do you draw the line.

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1331206729' post='1569316']
I heard that too but he will still do repairs and i believe will make a special but would cost.
At the end of the day he was a UK manufacturer / luthier so should be on the list.

He made some stunning basses too.

Also ACG

Point about luthiers not being on the list is an odd one as companies like WAL, Shergold etc started of as luthiers so where do you draw the line.

Dave
[/quote]

ACG already on there :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1331207788' post='1569344']
WTF?[list]
[*]You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Mansons Guitar Shop's prior written consent.
[/list]
Oh damn, by pasting that, have I breached some sort of copyright?
[/quote]
no realistically all they will do (if their web admin is doing their job and examining referrers regularly) will be to email the offending referrer (ie BC) and request it be removed - not a great deal more they can do
its often considered netiquette to email webmanagers/site owners if you have a website yourself and want to paste an in-depth link into their site as forces new visitors to by-pass the homepage but from a web forum??? if anybody gets snotty about that then good luck to them if they think they can do without the publicity :o

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1331207907' post='1569347']
ACG already on there :)
[/quote]

A small test - you passed with flying colours. :lol:

Must admit i read the full thread and missed that one.

Maybe i should pay more attention to what I'm reading :)

Edit to say i can't see ACG on the thread. Not able to access the list though unless its on there.

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1331117010' post='1567772']
Dare I say:

[b]Osprey Guitars [/b](does Scotland count as UK anymore?)
[b]Letts[/b]

Truckstop
[/quote]

Of course we count as part of UK. :D We don't all follow Mr Salmond's utopia where his sky is pink. :rolleyes:
The rest of us live in the real world where we all need each other within the UK. IMHO of course.

Cheers
Dave