Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe Vantage

NancyJohnson

I've seen the tantalising remark on the Probass site and have been wondering for a while what the Vantage is going to look like. Skimming through eBay and here it is:

...I have to say I quite like it in a Ricky-Fenderish style.

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1330875744' post='1564183']
I really like that, it`s so wrong, that it`s right.
[/quote]

I like this :)

Though this sentiment has gotten me into a lot of trouble, over the years :lol:

Do previous RV4 owners know if the block markers are stickers or genuine inlays?

Edited by Gust0o

I just added a photo of the black one. How hot would an all black model look?

Well look, if David wants to send me one, I'll do a review. I'm gigging on 13th and supposed to be recording the week after that.

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

This really looks the nuts to me. Everything I love in basses rolled into one slightly [i]italicised [/i]package.
Jazz neck, blocks (even if stuck on), white Ric body, black hardware, 'bucker and single coil.
The Fenderbird comparison hits the nail right on the head.

Had I not got my pair of Ps lately the order would have gone in already.

[quote name='Icarus_147' timestamp='1330991920' post='1566143']
I like this more than I liked their RV4s. Anyone here own/owned a Retrovibe? I couldn't bring myself to buy a Ric copy because I'd have felt like I was lying to myself. Were they any good?
[/quote]

Very good for the money. I spent another £100 on mine to get it right. Fret dress, new nut, all pots, jack and switch upgraded. I ditched one of the tone controls for a variable coil tap on the neck pickup which worked a treat. The pickups have loads of output and are really very nice. The finish and hardware is good too.
I played it back to back with three 4001s in the shop I had the work done and it was nicer than all of them for a Precision player to play. The neck is very P and not very Ric.
I've gigged it a fair few times. I just prefer a Precision as my 'go to' bass.

These are awesome basses, love the look and spec. I would love to get one and upgrade some of the parts.

I was actually just about to make a topic about this but found this thread when I scrolled down, doh!

There is however someone claiming over on the talkbass thread, his design was ripped off (page 2). I honestly prefer this design a whole lot more, it's very tempting!

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/geddy-jazzenbacker-860907/"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/geddy-jazzenbacker-860907/[/url]