Took delivery of a brand new plectrum

stevie

[quote name='Spike Vincent' timestamp='1330994785' post='1566169']
[attachment=101801:pick.jpg]

Genuine 1970's Herco Flex 50.

Worship it!
[/quote]
I've got one of those!

Only it's grey and says Flex 75 on it. I bought mine in the early eighties but I've heard that the construction is almost identical. It's a bit of a boat anchor but has sustain for days! Only used for a few gigs before I put it away in my uncle's loft and forgot about it until now. I wonder if he's still got it?

Edited by Musky

[quote name='Spike Vincent' timestamp='1330994785' post='1566169']
Genuine 1970s Herco Flex 50. Worship it!
[/quote]

I've got one of those, too!! It's a reissue obviously but hey, at the end of the day these picks are just bits of plastic in the shape of a pick, aren't they? It really doesn't matter what the logo says, or how old it is, IMHO. If it works for you, then go for it.

At gigs punters aren't even interested in what pick you're using anyway! To them you're just the fat bloke at the back with a bass and, er... a pick (will this do..?).

Edited by discreet

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1332760311' post='1592570']
NPD!

Snatched this of evilbay dirty cheap for US$1000! The seller swears that it was used by Cliff Burton, in a couple of years il'll worth twice as much! ;)
[/quote]

I would argue with this. With no signs of wear or tear visible I would say you've been had :P

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1332761107' post='1592591']
I would argue with this. With no signs of wear or tear visible I would say you've been had :P
[/quote]

If you look closer you can see some scratches but minor (Cliff was known to take good care of his gear) and if you look at the picture from behind of your screen you can see his finger print on the other side of the plectrum!

Edited by Ghost_Bass

I covered one of my plastic picks with denim back in early 80's. Gave me a nice rounded tone rather than a sharp click. Still have it although i had to put patches over the knee areas.
Also had a 1/2 pence flattened and shaped like a pick. Wasn't a great success that one. Good for metal type songs though.
Still have my very first pick ever from mid 70's which was a big heavy tortoise type shaped and curved. Heavy though.
Also a felt one which was a bit wobbly but that's another story. :lol:

Dave

I once tried to hire some picks with limited success. Well none to be honest.
They offered to lease them on a 99yr lease but couldn't justify that commitment.
I would have thought there would have been a greater variety to pick from.

Sadly not and i ended up putting a down payment on one and the rest is history. I am now in serious debt and can barely afford to live.

Picks have a lot to answer for IMHO.

Dave :(