Why become a member? ×

Guy finds 62/63 Shell Pink Jazz Bass..it's all going off on Talkbass

umcoo

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1331353816' post='1571812']
Cheers mate. Awful colour though :)
[/quote]

I will admit when I first saw it I thought, who in the Hell would want a Pink Bass??? Then about ten seconds later it hit me.............I would!!!!!

I don't just like it I love it. I actually am strongly thinking about trying to get an American Re-Issue 62-64 J-Bass in either Shell Pink or Sea Foam/Surf Green.
They would look great next to each other.

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1331354678' post='1571816']I actually am strongly thinking about trying to get an American Re-Issue 62-64 J-Bass in either Shell Pink or Sea Foam/Surf Green.
[/quote]

I love both Shell Pink and Surf Green too!

I refinished a Fender USA '62 reissue Jazz Bass in Shell Pink (which I sold a few weeks ago to Haimesy in Edinburgh).

I'm currently working on a Surf Green '62 reissue with matching headstock, and also a '54 style P-Bass in Shell Pink.

Here's a link to the thread I posted showing the '62 reissue Shell Pink refinish
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165861-fender-usa-62-jazz-bass-refinish-at-home/page__fromsearch__1

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1331362869' post='1571833']

I love both Shell Pink and Surf Green too!

I refinished a Fender USA '62 reissue Jazz Bass in Shell Pink (which I sold a few weeks ago to Haimesy in Edinburgh).

I'm currently working on a Surf Green '62 reissue with matching headstock, and also a '54 style P-Bass in Shell Pink.

Here's a link to the thread I posted showing the '62 reissue Shell Pink refinish
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165861-fender-usa-62-jazz-bass-refinish-at-home/page__fromsearch__1
[/quote]
Oh that was you?
I saw that a week ago and actually to be honest, it was what made me decide I wanted another, you did an outstanding job, I can't wait to see the next project.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1331381228' post='1572097']
It's even got the original string mutes! They were only fitted for the first two years of production... :gas:
And is that a mint/black/mint pg?
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

never mind the fluffy mutes . some people would pay top dollar just for those strings!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1331381228' post='1572097']
It's even got the original string mutes! They were only fitted for the first two years of production... :gas:
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote][quote name='discreet' timestamp='1331381228' post='1572097']
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote][quote name='discreet' timestamp='1331381228' post='1572097'] It's even got the original string mutes! They were only fitted for the first two years of production... :gas: And is that a mint/black/mint pg? [color=#ffffff].[/color] [/quote]

That is a White/black/white PG I don't know if that's the same as mint but it looks white to me, It is a true Fender part from the 60's I also have a Tortoise Shell PG as well that was in the case with it.
Both are genuine PG's it is certainly a Re-fin as the tortoise guard was it's original on a sunburst J-Bass

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1331353093' post='1571811']
Okay, So there's a nice thing to wake up to I guess, I finally figured out a way to post some pics.
[/quote]

Not convinced about the age of it, I reckon it needs a good relic job on it to look like a real '62. :D

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1331427298' post='1572823']
That is a White/black/white PG I don't know if that's the same as mint but it looks white to me...
[/quote]

Mint is extremely light green. Probably just the pics making it look that way.

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1331478314' post='1573363']
Well then it's definitely not mint, this is white I mean it's a 50 year old white but definitely white, nothing green about it at least not from what I can tell.
[/quote]
I keep reading you user name as 1SH1THOT.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1331472686' post='1573248']

Not convinced about the age of it, I reckon it needs a good relic job on it to look like a real '62. :D
[/quote]

I agree, maybe I'll take some sand paper and a metal file and fix it up a bit this afternoon lol
Yeah right, it's been sitting in its case for 47 years untouched, & unplayed.
So it'll just have to stay looking to good to be true

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1331478836' post='1573376']
I'm afraid I can't help you with that, perhaps a forum for dyslexia would be of some assistance?
[/quote]
I am not dyslexic though. Some combinations of letters are confusing to the eye.

My user name elicits similar confusion. So many people spell my user name wrongly, 'cvnt' being the most common :D

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1331479462' post='1573388']
I don't know,
era uoy erus ?
Could you read that with ease? You may be dyslexic.
I've been using that screen name for quite awhile and never heard anyone say it was confusing at all.

[b]However I can see where "CVNT" could be misused in this situation.[/b]
[/quote]
:D

Sure you are ;)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1331479029' post='1573382']
I am not dyslexic though. Some combinations of letters are confusing to the eye.

My user name elicits similar confusion. So many people spell my user name wrongly, 'cvnt' being the most common :D
[/quote]

Surely 'cvnt' means Classic Vibe Natural in this context? ;)