Why become a member? ×

Anyone interested in an effects meetup / jam session in London?

dannybuoy

I wonder if any of you bass FX nuts would be interested in hauling your pedal boards along to some rehearsal space in London where everyone can try out each other's pedals?

If interested, reply to this thread and list what you'd bring and what you'd be interested in taking for a test drive! If enough people respond maybe we can sort something out...

- Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass
- EBS Multicomp
- Digitech Bass Synth Wah
- Humphrey Badder Monkey
- DHA VT2 Dual Custom Bass
- Zoom B2
- Aphex Xciter
- Danelectro French Toast

In particular I'd like to test drive an Ashdown J-Lo pedal...

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='170641' date='Apr 6 2008, 12:16 PM']In particular I'd like to test drive an Ashdown J-Lo pedal...[/quote]

Too far for me but a great idea as one could get a more accurate idea of what these effects sound like rather than trying to make a judgment from someone else's description. I have recently bought a J-Lo pedal having heard good things about them here on Basschat. I liked the idea that the effect is only applied to the mid frequencies leaving the bass and treble frequencies alone. It's a good pedal and you can get some useful tones from it. Only slight gripes are the fact that it's not easy to change settings on the fly and I would have preferred separate level control knobs for effect and clean signal levels rather than a blend control but you can't moan when you consider what they cost. At £59 each and with true bypass you could easily afford to have two or three with different settings on each. Now if they produced a pedal that worked in the same fashion but had three memory patches... :huh:

Mark :)

Sounds like a brilliant idea, if only I had more than an ODB-3 to offer. It could be worth dropping a line to the bass gallery, I'd be suprised if they didn't want a whole load of people trying out their stuff.

Oh yeah, and I can bring the spector in my photo

Edited by Zach

[quote name='BassManKev' post='170792' date='Apr 6 2008, 05:25 PM']to be honest, i think alot of people on this forum could actually benefit from havin a good play with an odb-3[/quote]

One in bristol would be good, I've got bunch of effects I don't use for someone to try and buy from me, and I can big up stereo wiring basses.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='170813' date='Apr 6 2008, 05:56 PM']some kind of bass bash in bristol would be great, loads of bristolians on this forum, and iv only met 3![/quote]

Did you just this second change your profile from bristol/widness to plain Bristol? Anyway, I'd be up for it, the only people to turn up to the last plan was someone I knew and someone who I was going to meet anyway.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='170815' date='Apr 6 2008, 06:01 PM']Did you just this second change your profile from bristol/widness to plain Bristol? Anyway, I'd be up for it, the only people to turn up to the last plan was someone I knew and someone who I was going to meet anyway.[/quote]
well noticed! :) i aint been in widnes for more than a couple of days in the last year, unfortunatly bristol have got me for good now!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='170859' date='Apr 6 2008, 07:01 PM']well noticed! :huh: i aint been in widnes for more than a couple of days in the last year, unfortunatly bristol have got me for good now![/quote]
Hahaha, lucky us! +1 on the Bristol bass bash - there are plenty of basschatters in the south west and south Wales :)

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='170880' date='Apr 6 2008, 07:29 PM']I think the answer to the OP's question is "Yes, but with bass guitars as well and in Bristol!"[/quote]

If you have one in Bristol can you pretty please have it in october so that i can come :)

I rent a large room on an industrial estate in the stoke area - 1 hr from brum or manchester. We could dwell there on a sunday and play as loud as we want! I can supply around 35 different pedals and 1 average rig. If a few people are up for it, this might be fun! There's also a drum kit and guitar amp+cab so we could jam on whatever instruments we like. Oh, and I have a recording set up there so we can tape some samples/jams.

This isn't a firm offer - I always say things like this and then never find the time - but if people are really up for it and keep me reminded it could happen!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='172082' date='Apr 8 2008, 10:41 AM']Well I've got my own practice room so whenever anyone wants to meet up. just outside Manchester in Stockport

So same applies[/quote]

ahhhh, that'd be nicer. Our room is dingey as f*ck.