Why become a member? ×

Anyone interested in an effects meetup / jam session in London?

dannybuoy

I might be up for this, though I'm extremely light on effects. I only use my DHA pedal, and have a few other pedals (Digitech Bass Squeeze, an old style DOD Chorus, and a Trace Elliot 7-band Graphic EQ). I rehearse at Premises Studios in Hackney, not very far from Liverpool Street station. Or there's The Joint in King's Cross (just thinking about people travelling into London). Of course I live near Euston/King's Cross, so I can get pretty much anywere in London fairly easily.

Dan (Lea).

Ok, this thread kinda got derailed halfway through and I gave up, but now it looks like there's some interest. Also, list what you'd bring with you - I don't want to be the only one bringing any pedals! Once we've got a few responses we can sort the details out via PM. :)

I'm in Chingford. Could possibly make it.

I have 2 Mutron III's, an Akai Deep Impact, an original Digitech Whammy, Demeter Compulator amongst others that I can't be bothered to list :)

Edited by Higgie

That's far more interesting than mine - I have various EHX's and a couple of Demeter bits. Plus your good ol' OC2...

I had a really nice replica Mutron, but it got nicked a while ago - would really like to check an original

[quote name='Higgie' post='175119' date='Apr 12 2008, 12:30 PM']I'm in Chingford. Could possibly make it.

I have 2 Mutron III's, an Akai Deep Impact, an original Digitech Whammy, Demeter Compulator amongst others that I can't be bothered to list :)[/quote]

That's cool, I've always wanted to compare my Multicomp to the Compulator and try a Deep Impact and Whammy! Keep em coming, then we'll get together a list of the people interested. So far we have

dannybuoy (me)
Metal-Mariachi
Zach
ahpook
danlea
Lenny B
Higgie

I usually rehearse at Scar in Camden (which has crap bass amps) or Unit 9 in Balham (which might be a bit out of the way for some, but right near me). The Premises is very nice, I have been there before, not heard of The Joint in King's Cross, I'll check it out. Rooz is also good and has the benefit of being a couple of minutes walk from Old Street tube station. If anyone else knows some good locations let me know, ideally we want something within walking distance of a tube station as I'll be lugging my bass and pedalboard around on public transport!

Edited by dannybuoy

Depending on the date I'm down in Balham from probably the 10th till the 18th May and if it works with my plans I'll be able to attend and bring:

mojohand cream pie
guyatone 8band eq
Dod fx 62 bass stereo chorus (formerly Ahpooks)
SanAmp Programmable BDDI
and either a BBE optocomp or an EH soul preacher (whatever one i buy)

Oh and my MIJ precision with Wizard Thumper pup will be down with me as well

Edited by mr pablo

I'm up for London!

I can bring a selection of Devi Ever fuzzes, plus a whole load of other things. I guess I'll try and bring the fun ones people might want to try out for amusement or curiosity reasons rather than my normal gig board. Once we get organised I'll publish a full list so people coming can tell me what they want to try.

By sheer coincidence I was out at a gig last night and saw a bass player with a pretty interesting pedal board so I invited him to come down. Turns out he's a member on here too - welcome Dangerboy!

And Mr Pablo, it would be great to have you down, I've always wanted to try the Sansamp and I see you're about to nab the Ashdown J-Lo in the classifieds too! :)

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='175568' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:15 AM']By sheer coincidence I was out at a gig last night and saw a bass player with a pretty interesting pedal board so I invited him to come down. Turns out he's a member on here too - welcome Dangerboy!

And Mr Pablo, it would be great to have you down, I've always wanted to try the Sansamp and I see you're about to nab the Ashdown J-Lo in the classifieds too! :)[/quote]

I just bought my sansamp from Dangerboy a few weeks ago :huh: Yeh I've went for the J-Lo out of curiosity more than anything so I'll have that down with me as well, there is every chance my band will be using the studio mentioned in Balham at some point in the week i'm down if not all the week cause we've got a gig on the 17th or 18th (not confirmed which one yet)