Why become a member? ×

Jack Bruce's Warwick.

JohnFitzgerald

With apologies to those of you who don't do Facebook. You probably won't be abel to view thes images.

The shop we use, CC Music in Glasgow, recently had Jack Bruce's Warwicks in for repair.
Here's some pics of them on the bench whilst the work was being done.

Very cool indeed.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jimmy-Egypts-Guitar-Repair-Shop/223453997720476#!/media/set/?set=a.277817535617455.66209.223453997720476&type=1"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jimmy-Egypts-Guitar-Repair-Shop/223453997720476#!/media/set/?set=a.277817535617455.66209.223453997720476&type=1[/url]

The bloke playing the bass, John, works in the shop.
I'll be sure to tell him I'm very jealous when I next see him.

It'll defo not be one of the original Thumb JB basses as the bass has all of the hallmarks of the much newer models and the biggest give away is the CS logo on the back of the headstock; the CS weren't in existence when the first basses were produced. I'd be interested to know how/why the electrics were being modded; it looks like the push fit connectors have been removed, possibly to directly solder and remove one potential weak link for a bass about to gig around the world.

Thats pretty cool.
CC music is an interesting shop, some good stuff in there, and silly prices sometimes.
Do they still have that tokai old jazz anyone know, great bass that[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1328392613' post='1526476']
With apologies to those of you who don't do Facebook. You probably won't be abel to view thes images.

The shop we use, CC Music in Glasgow, recently had Jack Bruce's Warwicks in for repair.
Here's some pics of them on the bench whilst the work was being done.

Very cool indeed.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jimmy-Egypts-Guitar-Repair-Shop/223453997720476#!/media/set/?set=a.277817535617455.66209.223453997720476&type=1"]https://www.facebook...97720476&type=1[/url]

The bloke playing the bass, John, works in the shop.
I'll be sure to tell him I'm very jealous when I next see him.
[/quote]

I'm ambivalent about the ethics of this...

While it's interesting to see what's being done to an important bassist's instruments, plus I don't know exactly what sort of deal JB and JE have done, if those were my basses being paraded around for all to see on the internet and being used as publicity for someone else's business without my prior explicit consent, I'd be look at a very hefty discount on the work being done at the very least.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1328466259' post='1527537']

While it's interesting to see what's being done to an important bassist's instruments, plus I don't know exactly what sort of deal JB and JE have done, if those were my basses being paraded around for all to see on the internet and being used as publicity for someone else's business without my prior explicit consent, I'd be look at a very hefty discount on the work being done at the very least.
[/quote]

Really! :huh:

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1328466259' post='1527537']

[/quote]

I had to look up ambivalent :) but I get your sentiment.

I would not trust someone if they did that to me without asking first.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the pictures and would love to have a noodle on said bass!

Hi
In answer to all of the above.

Jimmy Egypt has a pretty well known reputation for repairing stuff for names.
Jack's just joining a long list there.

LukeFRC.

Yep, the Tokai Jazz is still there. Quite a cool bass.

My opinion on their pricing.
I go there in the full knowledge that it's very likely I could get better pricing elsewwere.

However, and this is the biggy.

They'll usually price match and if they can't or won't, it's more than made up for because we've been using this shop for a very long time.
Everyone who has built up a long relationship with a store will know what I'm saying that showing you're their customer and will always use them sometimes gets you benfits that go far far beyond mere price. Our relationship with CC Music gets us a level of service that no faceless internet supplier could ever begin to compete with. That's worth a premium to me.
Everyone who's got a similar relationship with their local shop knows what I'm tlaking about here.
You want to take it away for a week and try before you buy ? Yeah ok.
Where else might I get that ?

That's my take on it.

[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1328472087' post='1527704']
Hi
In answer to all of the above.

Jimmy Egypt has a pretty well known reputation for repairing stuff for names.
Jack's just joining a long list there.

LukeFRC.

Yep, the Tokai Jazz is still there. Quite a cool bass.

My opinion on their pricing.
I go there in the full knowledge that it's very likely I could get better pricing elsewwere.

However, and this is the biggy.

They'll usually price match and if they can't or won't, it's more than made up for because we've been using this shop for a very long time.
Everyone who has built up a long relationship with a store will know what I'm saying that showing you're their customer and will always use them sometimes gets you benfits that go far far beyond mere price. Our relationship with CC Music gets us a level of service that no faceless internet supplier could ever begin to compete with. That's worth a premium to me.
Everyone who's got a similar relationship with their local shop knows what I'm tlaking about here.

That's my take on it.
[/quote]
I didn't mean interesting as in high, it's what you expect really for an in town shop, a wee bit higher though. But in the sale sometimes some things go daftly low!
Good shop, them and Guitarguitar are my favourite in glasgow (used to live on that side of the country)

I wish you hadn't told me that Tokai was there! I went and spent ages trying out all their and guitarguitar's jazzes a while back, from top end sadowskys, through the fender models and whatever... and that Tokai was the best by a fair way. can't remember the price but it wasn't bad considering the tax man was taking a cut.... mind you I missed the same guitar for a lot less in another shop a month or so before it turned up at cc music :(

Would you believe, I almost bought a Trace combo which they had on for £599. Full retail was, I think £1,100.

I said to them, "you do know this is the 500W one, not the smaller one with the similar name."

It seemed they didn't.

It's now on at a couple of hundred quid more.

I only told them after I had happily bought a S/H Trace head.

[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1328480994' post='1527943']
Would you believe, I almost bought a Trace combo which they had on for £599. Full retail was, I think £1,100.

I said to them, "you do know this is the 500W one, not the smaller one with the similar name."

It seemed they didn't.

It's now on at a couple of hundred quid more.

I only told them after I had happily bought a S/H Trace head.
[/quote]
It was that sandberg umbo that the price kept dropping and dropping that got me! it went down so low.

I got the deal of the century in a glasgow music shop last year... my cab the last item of that tecamp blowout they had, had been sat there for ages, talked them down £30... and as I was asking what the 'pleasure pump' was the manager gave it to me! sold that and I think my cab cost me about £120! :)
Still want that tokai though

I never really paid much attention to the Sandberg stuff to be honest.

I know I keep banging on about it, but I really couldn't be happier with the Squier, so the only think I would really like is the same only fretless.

I only bought the 4 string Squier Jazz, because I got it for £80.
Couldn't really knock it back at that price I don't think.

[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1328482398' post='1527979']

I know I keep banging on about it, but I really couldn't be happier with the Squier, so the only think I would really like is the same only fretless.

[/quote]
another £80 and a pair of pliers....

[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1328472087' post='1527704']

That's my take on it.
[/quote]

I used to get to do that with Sound Control, back in the day. A new Status Series II I had for a full week before I went in and signed the never-never. And a Wilkes percussive fretless and Vigier Arpege were loand but returned within a day or so.